1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

when's the christmas filming in mk

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by janetm, Sep 18, 2008.

1. janetm

janetm Earning my ears

Has anyone been there when they've filmed for the christmas tv parade at mk? whats it like and is it worth trying to make a special trip to be there? Do you need special tickets?

It just sounds exciting :)

2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

There are no special tickets required. If I remember correctly most of it takes place the first weekend in December. However, it is not filmed like you would see it on TV. They film it in sections then blend that with films from Disneyland and other Disney sites before they show it on TV.

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

They choose nice sunny days for filming. :yes: It often rains on Christmas day here, so they want a perpetually sunny Christmas day parade for television broadcasting.

They announce it (usually) beforehand. :yes:

4. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

I think the parade is filmed on Friday and Saturday following Thanksgiving this year--the first weekend in December.

It's very unpleasant to be on Main Street those days--farther into the park is fine. If possible, I would avoid it altogether.

On another site, someone metioned (several months ago) that tickets for the actual taping are offered to DVC and AP holders. I never received any information as an AP holder--although there may have been something in the Mickey Monitor or on the Passholder website that I ignored. If I'm not planning to be there at the time, most of the stuff just washes over my head! :lol:

5. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I found it largely boring and crowded to be honest, not the best day to enjoy the magic kingdom and a lot of waiting for anything much to happen tv wise

I guess it was interesting to see once but I wont be rushing back