1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Where are the car hire places at orlando international?

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by dvcjane, Jun 1, 2011.

1. dvcjane

dvcjane Imagineer

Im just stressing for no reason but at orlando international I get all turned around when we get off the plane. There's terminal A and B I think? does each have a car hire place? do we need to find the exact right one? how far away are the hire cars themselves?

2. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

The car hire at MCO Airport aren't too bad.

In Terminal A, the rental companies all have desks on level 1 which is the ground floor. Once you have got all your paperwork, they will direct you across the road to the under ground garage where you will find the desks or some of the companies, tell you which row to go to and then you just choose your own vehicle. Dollar and Alamo do this, I don't know about others.

Terminal B is the same, the rental companies are on level 1 which is the ground floor.

The actual onsite companies at Terminal A and B are: Dollar, Alamo, Avis, Budget, E-Z, Enterprise, L&M, National and Thrifty

3. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Just to add, although there are 2 terminals [A & B], in effect they are all in the same building so as Wendy said, you should not have any need to stress at all. There are always loads of folk around MCO to help you out anyhow. :thumbsup:

4. chipndale

chipndale Imagineer

Ah I didnt realise they were both in the same building. I've wondered about that too

If you get to choose your own vehicle, do you have to choose then go back to the desk to tell them which you've taken or something?

5. dvcjane

dvcjane Imagineer

Thats brilliant thanks :worship:

6. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

With Dollar, after you have checked in at the car rental counter, you are given your paperwork and directed to where the cars are located [in the adjacent car park].
    The cars are arranged in lines and you choose which one you fancy in the catagory that you have paid for.
    On exiting the parking area, you have to stop at a barrier where an agent checks your paperwork and you`re on your way. There is no need to return to the check in desk, it`s quite a slick process really. :yes: