1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Where do I find timings for lunch and dinner?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by Deb, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Deb

Deb Serious Forum Regular

I am going to try to book a small amount of eating places online, and I'd like a couple of them to be late lunches. Does anyone know where I can find out what time lunch finishes and dinner starts at the WDW restaurants?

Thank you! :)

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Hmmmm, no honestly I don't, but I do know for those restaurants that serve both lunch and dinner, lunch runs until 3:00 pm or sometimes 4:00 pm depending upon the restaurant. Dinners usually run until the park closes, or for non-park restaurants until about 10:00 pm unless it's DTD where they may be open later yet.

3. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Dinner typically starts at 5pm

4. Tink

Yep, usually but some places it's not until 5:30, mostly in those restaurants that don't do lunch. :yes:

5. Johnie

and then in the busier seasons, they will open early for dinner around 4.

6. Tink

They stay open later then too sometimes, don't they? WDW changes things up so much any more I can't keep up!

7. Johnie

They might, I'm not sure about that.

8. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

HAve you tried the online ADR system? it will give you an idea of the times the restaurants are open...

We were able to get some early dinners, it was easier at sit down places with menus, where there were buffets, we had to book a bit later

9. Deb

Thanks all :hug2:

Mari, I started on the ADR online system but I'm not sure when the times for lunch would come up - they didn't on the page where I had to put in my dates. For example (and this is a very topical one for you Mari :) ), we want to eat in the San Angel Inn, becasue OH has never even been into the building, and I think the surroundings are so cool. I can remember the first time I went on and went "wow"! But the prices go way higher on an evening compared to lunch. So I thought it would be a good way to split our day. Ideally I'd like to eat at around 3:30, maybe 4, but I'd hate to book a time of say 4pm, and when I get there be given the dinner menu. Or do all of the sit down restaurants close between lunch and dinner and therefore you wouldn't be able to book a time in between?

This is so funny....I feel like I'm a complete Disney newbie...I know nothing anymore!! :lol:

10. Tink

That's because so much has changed. No they don't close, but you are right. If you book during dinner time, you will be given the dinner menu, and not be served (or charged) from the less costly lunch menu.

To be safe, book the lunch at 3:30, would be my best "guessing" advice. :yes:

11. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

Oh..... well then choosing the correct time totally makes sense then...

I love the feeling of the San Angel Inn restaurant.. hate the food though, but maybe because I know what it should really taste like...

I have no idea how late lunch is served, but IU would agree, at the latest 3:30...

We had a late breakfast at Crystal Palace, 10:00, and werent seated until 10:40 and by 10:50 the buffet was gone because at 11 they start serving lunch.... :thumbsdown:

12. Deb

Mari, one of the reasons I want to eat here for the cheaper lunch rather than the more expensive dinner is that I don't really rate the food either. I just love the experience of being in the surroundings. I'm thinking we can even share some appetizers or split a meal. There are a few places I want to eat because of the ambience, despite the mediocrity of the food, and at those places I want to keep the costs down and save money for stunning food! :D

Mari, that's dreadful about the CP breakfast...did they make you choose your food in just 10 minutes? CP is closed when I'm there.

13. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

yes you do want to be careful & not book too late. We had a similar thing as Mari happen to us at Chef Mickey's & they started closing up as we were barely starting. I do like a later lunch too Deb, it just doesn't seem as busy & will tide you over longer for dinner that way. I wouldn't plan any later than 2:30 or 3:00 if it were me though.

Can you just call & book the dining? I always find that the easiest as I prefer talking to someone.

14. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

That is a beautiful restaurant Mari. But I agree with you the food is not the best. Personally think it is too "Americanized". I've never eaten in Mexico though so it is hard to comment on comparison.

15. Johnie

Mari,
    Did CP not let you eat from the lunch menu? We have had a late breakfast there and they encouraged us to have breakfast and lunch. I prefer lunch so that was nice.

16. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

I've only eaten at San Angel once but enjoyed it. No one else in my family did tho. My daughter who is a vegetarian wanted a couple hard shell tacos with just veggies & they said they didn't have hard shells, they said it wasn't authentic to mexico. Seriously? do they not have hard shell tacos in mexico?? But it may have been the atmosphere that made the food seem better to me because I loved it! : )

Johnie, breakfast AND lunch!?! They would have had to wheel me out on a cart lol. Two meals for one would have been awesone ;)