1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Where do you normally have breakfast in WDW?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by Mari, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

I have to admit to not loving the breakfast offerings at WDW... I find that most offer pretty plain tasteless fruit, super sugary juice, boxed scrambled eggs and super salty/greasy bacon/sausage.... I guess I am too used to Mexican breakfasts...

So this trip we will be doing mostly lunch/dinner out and only 1900 Park Fare and 'Ohana for breakfast, more because of the characters than the food.

We are also planning to have breakfast at Kona Café since we really liked the food last time and might try The Wave since its not a buffet, and hopefully the eggs wont come from a box hahahaha

So, where do you like to have breakfast?

2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

First Mari, let me ask what you eat in Mexico for breakfast?

We like to try different places. Sometimes it is just from the food court of our resort. We like Boma, Kona Cafe and our two latest discoveries Grand Floridian Cafe and Olivia's.

3. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

If you go to a buffet in Mexico, you would expect to get the following options (at least, but not limited to)

Fresh fruit, really tasty.... watermelon, melon, papaya, cantaloupe, mangoes, kiwis, pineapple, and others
    Cereals
    Yogurt
    Milk
    2 or 3 different juices, most times freshly pressed
    coffee/tea
    Scrambled eggs
    srcambled eggs with ham
    omelette station (fried eggs, or omelettes with: cheese, ham, bacon, mushrooms, poblano slices, etc...)
    cooked beans
    chilaquiles
    pancakes
    pastries: "pan dulce"
    sausage /bacon
    could also get: enchiladas /quesadillas/ a sheddred beef or chicken dish with non spicy salsa

4. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

Mari, you have chosen my two favourite breakfast venues. I love Kona and 1900 PF. In fact 1900 is my favourite character venue. When it comes to breakfast choices, most days we would 'buy' 1 credit service breakfast and 1 snack between three. We find that that is enough.
    This year though we are staying at a 1 bed villa in OKW so we will buy some bread and butter in Publix and just have toast and a cup of tea before hitting the parks. We will only make two exceptions and that will be for Kona and 1900.

Mags

5. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

Kona Cafe is a great breakfast choice, we also love Boma breakfast. We have a few others booked as well 'Ohana, Captains Grill, crystal Palace .. Apart from that we tend to 'pop' offsite to Bob Evans or Cracker Barrell when we are at AKL and when we are at The Boardwalk we grab a pastry and fruit and eat outside of the bakery there.

6. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

We normally have toast and cereal by the pool :wink: but we do always have breakfast at Kona one morning whilst we are there. It's just something about their breakfast it's a must do.

7. Mags

It has to be those delicious pancakes (pineapple ones for me and the blueberry ones for my dd) or the Tonga toast with the strawberry sauce. It is a delicious start to the day. Of course the great coffee adds to it. :biggrin:

Mags

8. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    KONA CAFE is my favourite

9. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

My wife and daughter usually go to the food court for waffles/pancakes while my son and I sleep in. Breakfast for me usually is a cup of coffee and a banana

10. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

We recently had an incredible breakfast at Cape May. Minnie made a real fuss over the children, and the selection of food was wonderful (and very well kept).

We'd had breakfast at Boma a few years back and were unimpressed. However, we tried it again in January and it was really nice! :yes:

11. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Mari, that buffet in Mexico sounds wonderful.

12. Wendy

Tonga toast,I can never eat it all but I have to have it :lol:

13. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

We only have breakfast at WDW when we are actually staying on-site.
    This is usually at the GF where we take breakfast at the GF Cafe which is where several of the CM`s that we have got to know over the years work, so it`s very much "home from home" each time we visit.

14. Mags

I just had a small piece from my son's plate. Did you know that the strawberry sauce they serve with it is actually the same as the famous strawberry soup at 1900 PF? Yummy it is too. Go for those pancakes next time Wendy. :)

Mags

15. MaryC

MaryC Earning my ears

As a DVC member, I have breakfast supplies and snacks delivered to my accommodations.. That being said, I will ALWAYS set aside one day of my visit for the Stuffed French Toast at Kona Cafe.. Pricey for breakfast, but a special
    treat!!!!:wiggle:

16. Wendy

Are the pancakes very thick :unsure: I don't like them if they are too thick.

17. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I'm not typically a breakfast person but the breakfast at Kona is nice and not too expensive by Disney standards. The macadamia but pancakes are fantastic! I don't think they are too thick. I don't like them that way either.

Did you know you can get a smaller and cheaper of the tonga toast down in Captain Cooks?

18. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Most mornings it is just cereal by the pool but for a treat we either go to Boma (ham and eggs are delicious) or Animal Kingdom's Rainforest Cafe (love their omelettes)