1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

where do you watch the fireworks from?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Eeyorerocks, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Eeyorerocks

Eeyorerocks Earning my ears

Last time I was there we tried to watch wishes from a few places but the fireworks seemed out of sync or how to explain it hmmmm like they didnt make the whole scene or something. Is there anywhere to watch them other than main street to still see the full effect?

How about in epcot?
  2. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

I`ve seen Wishes a few times and so far I`ve never noticed they have been out of sync., allowing for the differentials between the speed of light and sound.

This year we saw Wishes from Bay Lake Towers and I was very surprised to discover that the main fireworks are discharged quite a distance from behind the castle and if the atmospherics are against you, it is easy to understand how the fireworks and narrative could be out of sync. though.

At Epcot, as all of the fireworks are discharged from the central lake, then I guess there is less chance of this happening.
  3. WDW Vet

WDW Vet Forum Advertiser

I have a theatrical backound and it could have been a glitch causing the audio not to sync correctly and a very rare occurance.

We watch from the base of main street opposite city hall. When the nightime parade runs it comes out by city hall so that vantage point you can see "both sides of the floats as they have to come around the circle.

As Slowhand mentioned the main fireworks are beyond the castle and from the base of Main St you have the picture perfect view. The other benefit is your by the exit and will beat the mas exodus.