1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

where is the best place to eat at epcot ?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by dumbo77, Oct 19, 2009.

1. dumbo77

dumbo77 Earning my ears

so we are going to be spending the day in epcot :thumbsup: and i am looking for somewhere to grab a filling brekkie , quick snack lunch, and possibly a not too heavy but filling tea.
    now i have been advised im gonna need a refil mug to use thru the day so will be using this for my drinks but i have no idea as to where to eat once we are inside.
    i would really appreciate all you seasoned disney goers advice on this as i really do not have a clue, oh n my kiddies will want a snack to munch on during the fireworks so i was wondering do the park let you bring crisps in or is it better to buy them once inside?(the kids friends have told us we need cheetums or cheetahs ?:unsure:)

thank you for any help xxx

2. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

There are all sorts of lovely places to eat in Epcot. The World Showcase has a plethora of yummy things to eat. Am I correct in reading that you don't want a table service restaurant? :unsure:

Here are some of my favorite places for a counter service meal:

Sunshine Seasons Food Fair in The Land Pavillion. They have several things to choose from: salads, sandwiches, a couple of Chinese items, usually a meat and potato dish of the day. Lots and lots of yummy desserts are available too. I do beleive they serve breakfast in the am.

Tangerine Cafe in Morocco. The schwarma platter is YUMMY.

The Cantina in Mexico. A far cry better than what is served in the sit down restaurant.

The bakery in France has lots of yummy desserts, they also have a cheese platter and croissant sandwiches if you want something a bit more filling.

The bakery in Norway has yummy desserts too. I noticed last week that they have several sandwich offerings as well.

I'm thinking your friend is talking about Cheetos. I beleive they sell those in the park but they will be much cheaper outside of Disney. Let me see if I can find you a picture so you know what you arelooking for.

3. Johnie

Crunchy.....my personal favorite

and the other ones...they are not as good IMO

Attached Files:

4. Vixynne

Vixynne Earning my ears

I agree wholeheartedly with Johnie!
    Get the Crunchy Cheetos.

The puffy ones (photo on the right) are a bit like eating styrofoam/polystyrene packing "peanuts" that have been sprayed with powdered cheese. :thumbsdown:

5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

You can carry in anything you wish to eat or drink as long as it's not in glass, or alcoholic. :yes:

Now, for all that... there are some lovely pastries in the Fountain View Bakery near the main fountain in future world. If you want a snack there, or ice cream it's a quick nice place to get something.

The electric umbrella is a counter service place that serves basics like hamburgers, hot dogs and cheeseburgers for lunch.

Sunshine Seasons Food Fair is the best counter service for breakfast. They have quite a selection of things to choose from. We've found their breakfast platter large enough to share between two adults.

Each country in the world showcase has a counter service place with the exceptions of Canada and Italy. The US is all counter service. Choose what appeals to you most for your lunch and or tea. :yes:

Italy has a small dessert kiosk, if you are interested in small bites. There is a small dessert kiosk inside the Cafe in Morocco too. Way toward the back you'll find baklava and other really nice pastries.

There are always those huge pretzels and churros to have for a snack too. :yes:

You can find fresh cut up or whole fruit in some areas, mostly the outback.

If you want to take the time you can exit World Showcase at the International Gateway and head to Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club for lunch, or you can go to ESPN or The Brewery (not so good though, to be honest) on the boardwalk for lunch. There is a boardwalk bakery too which has decent breakfast sandwiches, and lunch sandwiches. You could have your breakfast there then enter through the IG at 9:00 when future world opens. You would be allowed in, and directed toward Future World.

Hope that helps a bit. EPCOT is our favorite place in all the WDW to eat. :yes:

6. Tink

OH! P.S. I like the puffy Cheetos! LOL. The crunchy ones are too hard and stick like for me. :D :D

7. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

You could do the Princess breakfast in Norway. I think it's a buffet-style.

For snacks, there are so many places in the Showcase. There are various carts and kiosks that sell ice cream, pretzels, and Cokes.

In France there is a little place that has pastries that are so yummy. Plus sandwiches and cheese plates.

Mexico has an outdoor restaurant with kids choices.

Germany has the big Octoberfest buffet.

Morocco has the smaller Tangerine Cafe where you can pick up some single items as opposed to going into the bigger restaurant.

America has a restaurant that sells "american" fare - hamburgers, chicken strips, etc.

UK has an outdoor fish & chips stand.

Bon Appetite!

8. Johnie

:tongue: see...now you have to try both kinds of Cheetos.

Oh! And they now make ones that make your tongue turn blue.....I found this out by accident :tongue:

9. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

I'm a puff cheetos fan too Tink. They just melt in your mouth I think!

We really haven't eaten too many counter service meals in Epcot because there are so many yummy full service restaurants to chose from. You could do a late lunch buffet & you would get enough food that you could probably skip dinner. If you were to do that I highly recommend the Biergarten in Germany. It's a favorite of my family & 2 of the 4 of us are major picky eaters & we find plenty there to fill us up.

There are numerous carts around for snacks such as ice creams, popcorn & drinks. Bringing in your own snacks would be way cheaper but not as fun for the kids i've found, lol.

10. dumbo77

dumbo77 Earning my ears

thank you all so very much for the replies:thumbsup: i now have a whole list of places to research n whittle down to our final three :wiggle::wiggle::wiggle:

im sure the kids are gonna love me buying all the different types of cheetohs ,well they gotta pick there fav variety n the only way to do it would be to try them all:yes: !!! tyvm for the help i knew id joined the right place :hug2:

11. Tink

Don't forget their are curly (puffy) Cheetos too! I think they are called Twists? :unsure: Yuuuuhhhuuuuuuhhhhhmeee! :lol:

Get your Cheetos at Publix though. Anywhere else is too silly expensive.

12. Johnie

Here you go.....all the Cheetos they make :tongue:

CHEETOSĀ®

Tink, I can't beleive you love Cheetos. I LOVE it!!

13. dumbo77

dumbo77 Earning my ears

thanks for that gonna show the kiddies when they get back from college they gonna love looking at that link :wave:

14. Tink

LOL Johnie! Just because I love something doesn't mean I eat it. :sigh: :( Haven't had them in forever so long... :shrug: When I get to the point where I'm going to "waste calories" I tend to do it on something more exotic or luxurious than Cheetos. :D

15. Johnie

Still though....you actually like them....I'm impressed :)

16. Tink

:wiggle: I like "lotsa" bad stuff. :D :D

17. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Norway has a bakery?
    Well, i'll have to look it up on the next visit, I can't for the life of me think of it :)

I'm pleased to hear that Sunshine Seasons do breakfasts....we find it hard to find breakfast in the WDW parks. I'll have to look that up next time too. :D

18. Johnie

Oh yes, Norway has a bakery. It's kringla something or other. It's wedged between the exit of the store (the ones you have to go through to get out of Maelstrom) and the church. They have all sorts of yummy things: veiled maiden (kind of an applesauce and cream like dessert), rice cream, the really large sweet pretzels, creme horns, etc. It's a tiny little place and there is a small seating area behind it. It's one of our favorite places :yes:

19. Tink

Sunshine Seasons does very nice meals. They have quite a selection of many things. :yes: They are on the ground floor of the Living with the Land building. :yes:

The bakery in Norway is very nice. It used to have these wicked open faced sandwiches and a very nice cheese plate but I don't think they do anymore. :unsure: They have the sweets though.

20. Johnie

Kringla has a variety of new sandwiches that I saw when we peaked in a couple of weeks ago. They didn't have them before. I don't ever recall seeing a cheese plate. The bakery in France does a nice cheese plate.