1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

where is the best place to eat at epcot ?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by dumbo77, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

They had a cheese plate years ago. So they brought back the sandwiches? Are they open face? :unsure:
  2. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

ummm I think it was openfaced.....I saw so much food that week that I can't remember :tongue:
  3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

They used to be. That is the traditional Norwegian sandwich; openface. :yes:
  4. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

This is what they are:

Smørrebrød (originally smør og brød; Danish for "butter and bread") usually consists of a piece of buttered rye bread (rugbrød), a dense, dark brown bread. Pålæg (literally "on-lay"), the topping, then among others can refer to commercial or homemade cold cuts, pieces of meat or fish, cheese or spreads. This daily practice is the base on which the art of the famous Danish open sandwich, smørrebrød is created: A slice or two of pålæg is placed on the buttered bread, and then pyntet (decorated) with the right accompaniments, to create a tasty and visually appealing food item.

They used to have some delicious ones. I ate them while I was in Denmark and Norway years ago. The last couple of times I checked in at Kringla all they had were pastries so I'm glad they brought these back.
  5. dumbo77

dumbo77 Earning my ears

these sound nice mmmmmm