1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Where is your Favorite Place to Watch Wishes

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Wendy, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

There are a number of places that people like to stand to watch Wishes, we like to stand in the middle of the bridge on Main Street USA, just forward from Caseys. I just love the view from there. We have watched in other areas, but I think this is my favourite.

We have sat behind the castle and watched the fireworks, it was completely different and it felt as if the fireworks were exploding right above us.

Where do you rush to stand, do you have a must have spot or are there a few that you like?

2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

yep me too! either there or at the other end of main street by the sweetie shop. The view isn't quite as perfect but I get this feeling of watching the park watch the fireworks :lol:

..but yep, usually by Caseys

Completely different. A lot of the effects are lost but it's a completely different display from back there.

It amazes me how some people say you can watch it from anywhere in the park though :/ it's clearly meant to be watched from in front of the castle! Even watching from the california grill, you miss a lot of the effect.

3. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

I've never watched it from main street or directly in front of the castle! Gulp

Always to the left or on The bridge to tomorrowland, we used to go and sit where the fireworks dessert party is held now

This year we are going to watch it from the station at the end of main street and also at the top of main street

4. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

We usually watch from half way up Main Street, in the middle of the road. Although one Christmas, to beat the cowds going out of the park, we left in time to watch from the ticket and transport centre where they put the sound through speakers. It was way better than I expected!

5. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

We are going to go to the Dessert Party this year so it will be interesting to see what the different view is like, I'll let you know Keith :D

6. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

We like to be as close to the castle as we can get.

7. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

oh I've already done it Wen! We booked it very early in the first run when they werent sure if it would be a permanent thing or not.

I didn't expect the view to be great but strangely enough, it was actually really brilliant!

I wish there were a few ham sandwiches or something :lol: just to break up all the wonderful desserts but then it's a dessert party so fair enough :rotfl:

Definitely going to try and do it again in December

8. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Sigh where the dessert party is now was my favorite spot. Now I haev to pay to go sit there :thumbsdown:

I like being near the castle. I like watching it from a window table at 'Ohana. The balcony from the BLT lounge was quite nice :thumbsup:

Actually the BEST place I've watched it is out on the lake in the boat (Pirates & Pals Voyage). It is a phenomenal view of the front gate with the monorail, train and castle.

9. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

Last trip we got sort of skunked as we were busy getting in last rides in Fantasyland and had to rush around to the walkway next to Laugh Floor. It was crowded and busy and people walked by in front of you and pushed their way in. Lesson learned. Normally we like to sit by the railings in front of the castle on the way to Frontierland. Good question again Ms Wendy.