1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Where to eat at disney world on christmas eve or christmas day?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by pigletpete, Jan 19, 2011.

1. pigletpete

pigletpete Imagineer

Which TS restaurant is the best for Christmas day dinner? Do any restaurants do a special Christmas dinner? Would like to hear anyones experiences!

Also, any suggestions for dinner on New Years Eve? Open to all park restaurant suggestions for New years eve

2. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

We loved CRT for Christmas Day. Being in the castle was kind of special :yes:
    Four of the princess' come to your table and have a little chat and photo op too.

Also tried LTT for Christmas Day which was the closest we've found to the traditional UK dinner.

NYE - if you are from the UK, then maybe go for the Rose & Crown. At 7pm they celebrate the New Year.

3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I wondered about this too. I really expected some special menus for christmas in Disney but didn't really find any.

We ended up at Crystal palace for christmas day lunch which was ok but nothing special to be honest

4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Christmas used to bring out special menus in all the full service (and some buffet) restaurants, but that is no longer the case.

For Christmas, I would choose the full service restaurant that most appealed to me. For us it would be the Bistro in France.

For NYE it depends upon how you want to spend your evening overall. We like to go to an EPCOT restaurant and have dinner at the hour the country would be seeing in the New Year. That's most easily accomplished at France, or the UK, or Germany, Italy... those countries that are in a time zone that coincides with the hours of EPCOT.

If you don't want the chaos of a park (and there will be total chaos!) then again, choose the restaurant that seems most appealing. Artist Point would be lovely, or would one of the restaurants in the EPCOT area, like BlueZoo...

5. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Brilliant thanks :wiggle:

It has to be EPCOT For new years eve I think. I can't miss illuminations on NYE :yes:

Christmas is a little more open. Last time we arrived at the magic kingdom around 8ish am Christmas day, terrified that if we didn't, we wouldnt get in. It didnt feel that special to be honest :/ the morning was quiet and no problem getting on anything, we had a very normal lunch at Crystal palace again with no special feeling to be honest then we didn't really feel like we could stay there all day and left (it was SO busy at that point, about 2pm that it took us nearly an hour to get out)

So I think it'll have to be EPCOT all NYE day/night and I think there's enough to do there but Christmas day hmm I Don't know. There aren't any WONDERFUL table service restaurants in MK IMHO