1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Where we can meet disney characters?

Discussion in 'General' started by Disfan, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Disfan

Disfan Forum Sponsor

Last time we were there the characters came to the resort which was great but I understand they no longer do this? :(

So is there a list somewhere of where to meet the disney characters
  2. disneywishmom

disneywishmom Earning my ears

There are locations at each park where you can meet characters. Check the maps and times. The way we like to handle Characters is that we went to a lot of character meals. It saved time and the kids get to spend more time with the characters. Decide which characters you want to meet and make reservations for that meal. If you can't see all of them this way then you can do it at the parks. This takes time management and a lot of waiting.
  3. mgmrach

mgmrach Imagineer

which was the best character meal you went to disneywishmom?
  4. disneywishmom

disneywishmom Earning my ears

Well, we have been to several and our family has a constant debate about which one we will return to. So, here it goes...

Chef Mickey's- (Mickey, Goofy, Chip, Dale, Minnie) We went for dinner. I found the food to be ok. The kids liked it because it was a party zone. I found it noisy and hectic.

Crystal Palace- (Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, Piglet) We have been here for breakfast and dinner. All of the family enjoys this place. It is noisy but it has a lot of dinner choices. There is a special buffet area for the kids that they can reach so they love that. We are pooh fans and if you are having a special occasion tell them at check in and they will decorate that table with confetti.

Donald's Breakfastosaurus- (Donald, Mickey, Goofy) We took my son and 13 of our family and friends here to celebrate his 5th birthday. It was neat because we kind of had a private room. The characters came in very quickly but the CM's were very nice, played tricks on my son, and gave him a signed card from the characters for his bday. He loved it. The food was ok. Typical buffet stuff.

The Garden Grill- (Mickey, Chip, Dale, Pluto) We have been here several times for dinner. My husband held his breath until I promised we would go this time ;) We love this one because the food is good and seems "healthier" or more homemade. The restaurant is small so more time with the characters. One time when my daughter was 18 months. Chip hung out at our table and colored with my daughter. So a lot of time with the characters.

My Disney Girl's Tea Party- (Princess Aurora) This has a special place in my heart it was on my daughter's trip through "Make a Wish". It's very expensive but super cute. The girls get to dress up, have "tea" and sandwiches, dance and listen to stories. The hostess and Aurora spend time with each child. The girl's get their own real rose, a Disney Princess Doll, and a crown. It was worth every penny.

1900 Park Fare- (Cindrella, Fairy Godmother, Prince Charming, Mice) We had dinner here when my daughter was 3. She enjoyed it. The tables seem crowded. The buffet was ok. We did like that it was easy to get reservations (we can never get into the castle) and we didn't need park admission so we did this the first night we were there and saved park admission.

'Ohana- (Lilo, Stitch, Mickey, Pluto) We went for breakfast and loved it!. The food is family style. We all thought it tasted good and fresh. This was also part of my daughter's "Make a Wish" trip. Her wish was to meet Lilo and Stitch. When we told Stitch, he spent a lot of time with her. Lilo had her walk in the parade around the restaurant. It was fun for the kids and seemed less crowded because we were against the wall at a booth/table.

Akershus Royal Banquet Hall- (Cinderella, Aurora, Alice, Belle) The only problem with this one is that the characters change often. We went for dinner with our large group of 13. We were stuffed in a corner. Table seems very close so everytime the characters came to the table, the kids had to get out of their seat to go to the princess. The loved it, even my son. Alice had them play tricks on the other characters. I felt rushed like I couldn't enjoy my meal because I was on camera/ autograph book duty. However, our husband's said they enjoyed their food.

Mickey's Backyard Barbecue- We will go to this on Saturday night. I have been told that it is a different interaction with the characters, no autographs. Which is ok with us because my kids are over that phase but still want to dance and see them. I will let you know how this one goes.

So, as you can see we really like character meals. Hope this helps! :smiley4: