1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Which are the best dinner shows?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by chipndale, Jul 15, 2009.

1. chipndale

chipndale Imagineer

We've looked at the Disney website and it looks like they have one at the polynesian resort which looks ok but are there any others??

2. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

There's also the Hoop-de-Doo Musical Review at Fort Wildnerness (campground). Having seen both, if I were to choose just one, it would be the Hoop-de-Doo! :thumbsup:

Web page here: Hoop-de-Doo

Marvelous fun!

Tom :)macwave:... Howdy pardner!)

3. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

:yeahthat:

I 2nd this recommendation!

4. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Check out our new guide for evening/dinner shows HERE, it may help you :thumbsup:

5. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

hoop-dee-doo is my fave show anywhere :yes: but do have a look at Isafari's guide because there are some great options on there that I didnt even know about

6. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

We did the luau back in 2004.

We really enjoyed it.

The food was also very good, and although it is an "all you can eat", its not a buffet, and the server brings the food to your table...

The food was delicious! very hawaiian :)

The show starts almost as you are done with your meal, it is not Disney themed (I was expected maybe Lilo & Stitch, but nope) it is very well done, the dancing is nice, and I really enjoyed the fire part.... like a real Hawaiian luau.

However, I wouldnt suggest it for families with small kids, since, apart from a little dancing (if they want to go up to the stage) it is more adult oriented, or at least that was my perception.

7. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

I have done Hoop De doo several times and love the show a lot but the food is ok at best. We did the Luau 2 years ago and it was fun and the food was alright. We also did the backyard BBQ a few years back and the kids had a blast dancing with Goofy and there were great opportunites for character photos. If I had to choose it would be Hoop Dee Doo the entertainment alone is worth it and there is unlimited beer to boot.