1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Which are the best restaurants in EPCOT?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by jojo, May 28, 2013.

1. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

ooo a personal Tequila Tutor! that sounds impressive :-D
  2. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Ohhhhh a new part time gig, "tequila tutor". I think I'd be a huge success!

Lets see the only restaurants I have not been to in Epcot would be Via Napoli, Monsieur Paul, and the New Mexican place.

Biergarten is always fun. I enjoy lunch at chefs de France. Tokyo Dining is good. Le cellier is pretty much just pretzel bread, soup, crene brûlée and ice wine for me :)
  3. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

We're with Slowhand. Bistro de Paris, now Monsieur Paul is IMHO the best restaurant in EPCOT. We've only done Chefs de France once but that was as a Candlelight Processional dinner and I wasn't impressed. We've had good and OK at Rose & Crown, same with Biergarten. First time we did Le Cellier, pre free dining it was fabulous. Last time it was WAY to crowded and noisy and nowhere near as good. Haven't done anything in Italy since Alfredo's closed, boy did they have a great Veal Chop. Not overly impressed by San Angel Inn but love the atmosphere. Haven't done Garden Grill.
  4. Figment

Figment Imagineer

Did they give you any flack doing this, Becca? I booked a really late lunch, 2:55pm, for Jordan and I next week and we plan to just do soup, bread and maybe a dessert.
  5. Faythstar

Faythstar Imagineer

The only two big ones we've done are 9 Dragons and Coral Reef. My DH and I LOVED 9 Dragons when we went there on our honeymoon. We were honeymooning on a budget which meant we pretty much shared every meal we had, but we both hated that we had to do that at 9 Dragons (although we were both satisfied) because the food was so good we wanted to eat til we were stuffed!
    I've been to Coral Reef several times over the years, and although I always enjoy it, I think I liked it better before they made their last menu change. :/
    Looking forward to trying some Japanese and Italian restaurants on our upcoming trip.
  6. Johnie

I'm not Becca nor do I play her on tv :rotfl: sorry could not help myself! But, since I have been with her to do this on at least 1 occasion, I can say with certainty that they do not give you a hard time. I do tend to tip as though we would have eaten a larger meal though.
  7. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Lol! Like Johnie said, I've never had any trouble, especially when booking at an "off" time. They usually tend to recognize that you were being thoughtful and are quite accommodating . I usually lead with something like, "Oh, you're gonna love this table after the busy afternoon you've had." Or, "We weren't terribly hungry but this is one of our favorite places and we couldn't pass it by." - anything to let them know up front we won't be having a full meal. And yes, if the service is good, I make certain to tip a bit extra.
  8. Figment

Figment Imagineer

:wink: Thank you both, ladies.:yes:

I had booked an ADR for lunch at our 180 days window, but then cancelled it when they came out with the all-day menu. I just couldn't see spending the money. (We have only ever been there on the free dining plan.)

But was playing around with the Disney ADR finder and saw there was still availability and thought we'd give it a try. I'm finding it hard to escape the *free dining mentality* when I look at the menus for this trip, but I suddenly though, "I bet we could just order what we really wanted!" LOL Imagine that!:taunt:
  9. Johnie

Haha! Yes, you can.
  10. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

I remember having that moment myself. I also remember the reservations I had about booking a table an "only" having apps/drinks or desserts/drinks. But I have found by and large that servers really don't get fussed about it - especially if you set expectations early and have a good attitude about it. In the (very) rare cases that we've had that I've been made to feel "less than valued" (I can only think of ONE), I reflected my displeasure in my tip.
  11. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    lots of good resturants at EPCOT I am working my way round them so far TEPAN EDO
    ROSE AND CROWN
    LE CELLIER
    SAN ANGEL
    LA HACIENDA