1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

which characters are there at the Cape May buffet?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by Mari, May 12, 2009.

1. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

and also... is it a regular buffet ??
  2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Characters are only there for breakfast. It's Goofy (surfing Goofy) and some friends. Sometimes it's Chip and Dale, sometimes it's penguins! :D :D Loads of interaction.

Minnie holds court off the the right of the restaurant (in what used to be the bar).

Regular buffet? :unsure: If you mean do you go to a well stocked buffet service area and make your own selections, yep. :yes:

Oooodles of hot and cold, sweet and savory choices for the meal.

Dinner is not character. Each of the four sides of the buffet service area offers something different with desserts in a separate area.
  3. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

:wave:Is Cape May any good for dinner?
  4. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

It is a clambake in the evening. No characters. The food is very good. There is also lots to choose from if you aren't a seafood lover.
  5. Mari

Thank you :)

So its Goofy, some friends and Minnie.... :) good to know!!

One more Q... is it included in the dining plan?
  6. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Yes it is.
  7. Tink

The dinner is billed as a New England Clambake, however it is not. :)

It is a buffet that features steamed clams, mussels, shrimp and at least one fish selection (usually salmon). Clam chowder, another soup (sometimes chili) scrummy cornbread :D and other bread choices, carved beef (different types of roast) a cold section where you build your own salad, and a non-seafood hot section that features chicken (wicked good!) sausage and peppers, a pasta dish, a beef dish, vegetables, mash, boiled potatoes, corn on the cob, and the like.

There is a children's corner (that anyone can choose items from) that has mac and cheese, and a varying selection of other items.

Desserts are flan, mini-cheesecakes, oreo bites, cookies, and the like.

It's a great place to go with folks who have a wide range of preferences.

When it first opened it offered lobster (for an additional price) then went to crab, and had steamed oysters a couple of times, but no longer for any of these (hence the lack of it's actually being a 'clambake'). Plus, clambake means something in Maine, just as low country boil means something in South Carolina. :yes: Much more than components of a meal, it's an entire process and quite an event! :D :D
  8. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Oooh I think I just added this one to the list. :lol:
  9. Dizneyblonde

Dizneyblonde Secret's Birthday Fairy!

Already on mine!
  10. Tink

Well if you like clams, mussels and shrimp this is the place to be! :yes:

Seriously, we've gone here with large family groups which comprise "preferences" that range from mildly particular to fussier than all get out and will only eat three things in all the world... :D We had a grand time and everyone liked it. :yes:

It's not always perfect, there have been a couple of times (but well in the past) where clearly the staff on duty that night (food prep staff, I mean) didn't have a clue... there was the time when the CM on the steam cooker didn't know how to operate it until I told him what to do! :laugh: Sheesh! People were lined up waiting forever to get shellfish. :sigh:

But that was just the one time, and it was indeed years ago. One other time the place looked like the wreck of the Hesperus, and we found out later that the Chef was not on that night so the staff were directionless. It showed.

Just throwing that in so all ya'lls don't think I'm too biased about the place! :D :D :D
  11. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

:drool4: Sounds like a winner, will put it on my list for Sept.. Thanks guys.
  12. Mari

Thank you for all the info Tink :hug2:

sounds yummy!!!!

Now... Ihave no lcue where it is... is it inside the Beach Club? or am I totally lost here???
  13. Tink

It's inside the Beach Club. As you are coming from EPCOT's World Showcase through the International Gateway, you can walk up the hill, or alongside the canal as you so choose (heading toward the boardwalk). You can take the ferry too, but it will take longer than the walk as it has to go to the Boardwalk Inn before the Beach Club.

So, you walk the pathway until you come to the Beach Club passing between the lagoon beach and the quiet pool. Just as you come to the slide portion of Stormalong Bay, you'll turn right on the pathway and head toward the entrance to the resort. Go forward (head for the porch with the rocking chairs) and go through the large doors. Take a left once inside and Cape May entrance will be right in front of you.

Alternatively, you can turn right on the walkway but instead of going to the porch with the main doors you can take a left and enter through a smaller doorway. You'll be in a wide corridor with Cape May "right there" to your right... take a right to get to the entrance and check in podium.

There will be a television playing some sort of Disney cartoon or movie with small chairs for little ones outside the podium entry way area. :yes:

It's a pretty lobby. Have a browse while you wait to be called. :yes:

If you want a before dinner drink you can go to Martha's Vineyard. To get there you'll (starting from the podium) take a left and go down the long wide corridor turning right when the corridor does. Turn right again (don't go outdoors) and then a left (wend your way, you'll see...if you just follow the corridor all will be well). Martha's Vineyard will be on your right. Ariel's will be directly in front of you and an exit to the outdoors will be to the left. (If you went out that door and to the right you'd be heading for Beaches and Cream).

Got it? Or did I totally confuse you? :unsure: :sorry:
  14. Mari

No!

those were PERFECT directions!!

Thank you very much!!! :hug2:
  15. *Bambi-Belle*

*Bambi-Belle* Imagineer

The Cape May breakfast is our favourite Character breakfast ever.:yes:

After having such a fab breakfast we have put the Clam Bake on or list for next time.
    I'm hoping we may even stay in the hotel for a week.:thumbsup: