1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

which disney resort hotel has the best pool?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by chipndale, Sep 3, 2010.

1. chipndale

chipndale Imagineer

:tongue: I know that there are supposed to be some pools that are better than others

because its really important to us we use the pool all the time we'd like to try and stay somewhere with a great pool

any advice?

2. dvcjane

dvcjane Imagineer

I think people usually say the yachtclub and beach club but I really like the animal kingdom lodge because its quieter

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Much will depend upon what you mean by great pool of course. :yes:

Storm Along Bay is incredible. It's the Beach (and Yacht) Club's pool. There is a quiet pool also, and another full size pool out by the villas. There are hot tubs (separate from the pool) too. It offers all sorts of different pool experiences from zero entry with sand, to the pretty elaborate slide.

We think the Poly has the most disappointing pool of all deluxe resorts. In part, there is no hot tub and we do enjoy that final soak. There is a quiet pool though.

Wilderness Lodge has a very nice pool (and again a secondary pool for the villas).

Contemporary and GF have good basic pools, great for just swimming and playing in the water.

AKL has a lovely pool with zero entry, but our favorite swimming area there is at Kidani Village. It's a beautiful pool area.

The moderates and values all have nice pools and hot tubs.

OKW has a great slide in their main pool, a huge secondary pool, and several quiet pools. This is the resort that offers the most pool options, and you can really feel as much of the "crowd" as you please, or be private.

We dislike the Boardwalk Inn's pool most of all. It's cramped into the center of what amounts to a courtyard, and then there is the hideous clown (for those of us who REALLY DON'T LIKE CLOWNS)... we avoid this pool even when staying at this resort. There is a quiet pool.

WDW has a huge selection of pools as you can see!

The Swan and Dolphin have the Grotto and it too is a very nice pool area with a main pool and a great lap pool! :yes:

4. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Serious Forum Regular

We loved the main pool at Coronado springs resort. A Mayan theme to it.

5. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

We love the AKL pool...

it has a zero entry area, which is like walking into the ocean.... :) and a great place for little ones to "feel" the water.. it also has a water slide, and 2 hot tubs :), and at some times duriong the day you can get some shade... :)

We thought the WL pool was just "ok"... but it was pretty cool to see the ducks enjoying it hahahahaha

6. buzz2001

buzz2001 Imagineer

Y&BC for a deluxe, CSR for a mod.

7. Captain Teague

Captain Teague Earning my ears

Yacht club has the best pool period. Didn't care much for the resort itself, although access to Epcot was easy. The "Disney" sand just amazed me.

8. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

yeah I'd have to agree with that

I was really looking forward to the yacht club but it was too dark and there's not enough "of it". We came down from our room, out the door and thats that. There's just not very much to make you feel like you're at a resort with much to do