1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Which is best?

Discussion in 'Tickets, Offers and Discounts' started by Esmeralda, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Serious Forum Regular

Sorry know this has probably been flogged to death but the choices are confusing me.

We don't need 14 days in one parkland. We don't need the swimming options for Disney, we just plan to visit the parks maybe once and MK and Epcot maybe twice. That is the plan. We also plan to visit Universal maybe twice, and Seaworld once.

What would be the best Disney tickets to get please. Or should we pay on the day at the kiosk?

2. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

I guess it depends on where and how long your staying. You don't see a savings until after 3 days at Disney, then the prices drop drastically. Universal usually has deals for a 2 day ticket or there is a flex ticket I believe that includes Seaworld. Tink... where are you/ She'll know!

3. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

I dont think you can get a ticket for a couple of days for US/IOA that includes SW - but of course i could be wrong!
    There are tickets that for SW that include BG but im pretty sure not the ones that you want to visit. Theres a flexticket which has US, IOA and some others on it including SW, but its quite alot of money and if you arent planning on visiting them much it might not be worth it

4. Esmeralda

If we do Seaworld we qualify for the discount for disabled so we pay on the day, it's cheaper that way. My main query is the Disney tickets, just want the parks only, not Typhoon or Blizzard. We will be there for three weeks but plan on doing other stuff besides parks you see.

5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I'm not much help at all with tickets, I'm afraid. :sorry: I use an AP.

I will say this, check the prices carefully. You may end up with a better price if you buy a ticket that allows more days of entry than you really want. Rather like hiring a car for a full week for a cheaper price than it would be for just a couple of days.

Shop carefully. Ticket prices went up recently and one day, one park entry is the most expensive way to go.

6. Esmeralda

Ok thanks.

7. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

:wave: Just checked for prices for base tickets (adult):

3 day ----$238.56
    4 day----247.08
    5 day----252.41
    6 day----257.73
    7 day----263.06
    8 day----268.38
    9 day----273.71
    10 day----279.03

I think a base 1 day is about $87.00 a day. These prices were current as of August 15 and are in US currency.

8. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

If you get a 7-day Magic Your Way ticket it will cost $263.06 (includes tax). This is the price without upgrading the ticket to include park hopping or any other extras. This is your best and most economical option.

Universal is $144.99 (plus tax) for a three day pass with access to both Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. You also get admission to CityWalk.

Seaworld offers a package that includes Busch Gardens in Tampa for $109.95. You can also purchase a 1-day pass to Seaworld for $78.95 which includes a 2nd day for free within 7 days from your 1st day use.

9. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Yep, it's truly cheaper to get more days than you need. In fact, this is why I often buy AP's to parks. That way I can come and go as I please as well.

10. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Yep it sure works out a darn sight cheaper for us by using our AP`s. especially as we get a good DVC discount on their purchase.

11. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Having an AP provides other discounts too, which adds to the overall savings.