1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

which is better please all stars or pop century

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by disney1sttimer, Jun 2, 2010.

1. disney1sttimer

disney1sttimer Earning my ears

which is the better choice the all stars or pop century, theyre all the same price arent they?

are all the all stars i the same place and the same bus?

2. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

I haven't stayed at the Pop Century, but I can tell you that, yes, all of the All Stars are in the same place and use the same bus service. They are so close that for some buildings it is closer to use the bus stop from the next resort in line :yes:

Oh and yes, the Pop Century is a value, so they fall under the same price range. There is always a difference if it a preferred room, suite, or something 'extra' like that.

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Pop uses the same buses between their buildings too.

It's purely a matter of personal preference. All Star Resorts are older, and some folks prefer newer buildings. All Star has a different style food court from Pop (we prefer All Stars food courts).

All Stars has great pool bars. :D Pop has nice pools too and HUGE Disney themes...

All Stars is sorta' kinda' near AK and Pop is sorta' kinda' near DHS and DTD.

4. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

I think I'd go for POP if I was going back , it is newer but the ASM is better themed I think - howver POP is also a bit more central so the drive times to the parks are a little less , also when we have stayed at AS sometimes the bus stops at all 3 AS resorts and they can get busy, that was just my personal impression

5. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Hard one.

I kinda prefer the all star movies theming and it has a special place in my heart as the first Disney hotel we ever stayed in. On the other hand, Pop is newer, dedicated bus service, better location in my opinion and just feels more modern.

All of them are decent value as far as I'm concerned but the bus service alone is reason enough for me to choose pop century more often than all stars. (however, they're talking about building a new resort by pop, so who knows if the bus service will be combined in the future)

6. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

We love All Star Sports but staying at the All Stars or Pop doesn't really matter if we are staying value. The bus service at the All Stars can be hit or miss as far as saying that one bus services all 3. We have found that to be more true at night when leaving the park than during the early morning when we have often had direct service from whichever hotel we were at to the Park.