1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Which is the best buffet?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by jojo, Feb 25, 2011.

1. jojo

jojo Imagineer

we like the buffets, there's always something that everyone likes but which are the best ones?
    crystal palace
    1900 park fare

what others are there?
  2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Are you talking breakfast or dinner buffet?

For breakfast we love Boma, 1900 Park Fare and Cape May the best, with Chef Mickey's right up there. I understand that the breakfast at Tusker House is also very good but we haven't had a chance to try it yet.

For dinner, again Boma and 1900 Park Fare are at the top of our list.
  3. Gee70

Gee70 Earning my ears

I guess it all depends on your taste... for Breakfast I enjoy Boma and Chef Mickey's and Tusker house (Plus Donald is a big bonus!!!)

For Dinner I still enjoy Boma, Cape May because I enjoy what they offer at the dessert bar and Whispering Canyon.

For Lunch we def'ly enjoy Biergarten :)
  4. WDWFigment

WDWFigment Earning my ears

ooo wow sorry to barge in but I didnt know about those buffets?

What does cape may offer, how about whispering canyon?
  5. Gee70

Gee70 Earning my ears

Cape May is base on Clam Bake Styles... Clams, mussles and crab legs(dinner) but they also have the carvers(ham,roast beef and turkey)... then they have a good selection o cooked food also with some pasta with sauce... but its the dessert bar I go for for... the flan and bon bon and more...

Whispering canyon is an skillet type of buffet..they bring you one with turkey, ham, ribs, mash, greens and corn and they just keep on coming back if you want more... drink all you can milk shakes is awesome and CM are fun!!! A very interactive meal...
  6. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

In our opinion, Tusker House is the best dinner buffet by far. For breakfast we prefer Boma.
  7. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Our favorite dinner buffet is Cape May's New England Clambake (as it's called). We love the shellfish (mussels, clams, and shrimp) and the variety of other dishes that truly make it a buffet for anyone.

We don't often do breakfast buffets, but again Cape May's wins. We aren't much into characters of a morning, but they are fun there and really make the experience a great way to start your day.

Tusker House buffet was nice for lunch, one day.

Our most disappointing breakfast buffet was at Boma, and our most disappointing lunch buffet (not always running, it's very seasonal) was Chef Mickey's.

We've enjoyed Biergarten in the past, but so many changes have made it a different and not so great experience (as it was)... same with Boma's dinner buffet. It used to be fab but is now changed and we enjoy it less than we used to.
  8. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

That's an understatement! :ROFL:

The kiddy horse race is good fun and while you're there, be sure to ask for ketchup with your meal! :jawdrop:

Tom :)macwave:... a victim no more!)
  9. JStrickPhoto

JStrickPhoto Imagineer

If you have younger kids in the group, you cannot go wrong with Chef Mickey's. But, this is one that requires an ADR several months out, typically. Food isn't anything special, but the looks on the kids faces is well-worth the ho-hum average buffet fare!

Jamie