1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Which is the best Character Dining Venue at Walt Disney World

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Wendy, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Donald's Breakfast is at Tusker House, now? That sounds like a major improvement. :yes: Might have to remember that for the future. :D

2. piglet

piglet Serious Forum Regular

We have to go to CP evert trip as I'm a pooh freak but secretly my favourite is Cape May. I love the atmosphere there and it's a buffet so you can eat as much or as little as you want and the characters are such great fun. We had Donald, Goofy, and another one that I can't remember at the moment (maybe Minnie??) but it's never so manic as the other character breakfasts.

3. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

Torn 3 ways here - Always had a great time at Chef Mickeys breakfast and dinner, good food and great characters - never feels rushed.

Have felt rushed however at Crystal palace but been many times and love it there, probably some of my happiest MK memories are in that restaurant.

Also had great fun at Donalds breakfastosaurus in AK , the waiters used to do prank magic for the kids and you could get krispy kreme donus which was a major plus :D

4. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Agreed. I think that's why we kept going back even after we became "less than bowled over" by the food/service/interaction - it was just too hard to give up on the memory. Of course, our kids being older could also have something to do with it, the characters aren't always as interactive with the older "kids" as they are with the younger ones. (Not a blanket assumption by ANY means, we had one of our best princess dining experiences last summer with Baleigh and her friend.)

We have developed a real affinity for Cape May over the last few years - breakfast is a great experience with the characters, and dinner is always hot, fresh and delicious!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  5. Tink

That's the lure for me, even with the ridiculously inflated prices, and the changes to the dinner menu, Cape May is always, hot, fresh and clean. That's something for a buffet anywhere.

6. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

The best for breakfast and characters is Cape May. The best atmosphere is Crystal Palace.

7. Tink

You know? We've NEVER done Crystal Palace! Have often thought we "should have," but haven't ever made a reservation.

8. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

We are not picky people at all and I can honestly say I have never been disappointed with Disney food (too blinded by pixie dust to care ;) ) , but this last visit to CP put me over the edge a little bit. The food, to me, has always been a little "so-so, " but I overlooked it because of all the character fun. With the character fun going downhill, all the negatives stood out just that much more. We were cramped and rushed, and there was no good way to take pictures with the characters. If Pooh stopped at your table then there were people trying to get to the bathroom and buffet, waiters, and bus boys piled up behind him trying to get by. I was grumpy by the time our dinner was done and I was ready to get out of there!! I didn't even take Anthony to the bathroom there, but opted for the baby center next door.

I'm sure we will end up there again, but are definitely going to take a break this next trip :)

Beccaberry likes this.
  9. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

Well you'll just have to come with us then won't you :D

Tink likes this.
  10. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

Have to agree with all, it is a bit cramped in there and heaven help you if you left your seat when the Pooh parade begins...you may never get to eat! Food was ok though. Average if you ask me.

11. Tink

Do not tempt fate, Mister Skywatcher. :D