1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Which moderate resort?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by dvcjane, Aug 2, 2008.

1. dvcjane

dvcjane Imagineer

Hi all
    which moderate resort is the best? large rooms, best theming? best location

will be staying there with 3 adults and 2 kids
  2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL I really really like port orleans, either riverside or french quarter, they're both great!

I think sizewise though, Caribbean beach is largest and with the theming that theyre doing to parts of that resort, I think it's going to get a new lease on life

Fort Wilderness Cabins: 504 sq. ft.
    Caribbean Beach Resort: 340 sq. ft.
    Port Orleans French Quarter: 314 sq. ft.
    Port Orleans Riverside: 314 sq. ft.
    Coronado Springs Resort: 314 sq. ft.
  3. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Depending on the ages of the children, you may have limited options at the moderates. If both children are over age 3, you might be limited to Alligator Bayou at POR or a suite at CSR. With the price of the suites, you might be better off at either FW cabins or one of the deluxe resorts.

The FW cabins (more expensive than moderates, but Disney recently moved them into that classification) can sleep 6. There is a bedroom with either a queen or double (can't remember which) and two bunk beds, a kitchen and a living room with a Murphy bed. There also are a lot of activities at FW, apart from the parks.

If occupancy isn't an issue, I really want to be a child and stay at CSR. I loved the dig site! :lol:
  4. piglet

piglet Serious Forum Regular

I know that POR and the French Quarter get rave reviews but we absolutely loved CBR. It is a huge resort but the theming is lovely and we were very close to the food courts, just a short walk over a bridge. The quiet pool was so quiet that most of the time we were the only ones there. I wasn't so keen on Coronado Springs mainly because I couldn't get used to the food court method of getting food.
  5. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

yep me too, REALLY not a fan of the Coronodo style of food court although the choice was quite nice