1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Which parks for christmas and new years eve?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by keith, Feb 7, 2011.

1. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I THINK I'm maybe perhaps possibly sure :lol: that I want to be in EPCOT For new years eve but what about Christmas day? I still don't know about that one.

Last time I was there on christmas day I just didnt feel there was much atmosphere to be honest :/ Perhaps we should've stayed all day though, we left after lunch.

What park would you recommend for Christmas day and why?

Perhaps I'm thinking too narrowly! Perhaps we should aim to be somewhere else in Orlando for Christmas day?

2. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

For me, you can't beat the magic of Christmas Day at Magic Kingdom. This is the park with the most Xmas atmosphere from the parades and shows.

3. keith

What would christmas day be like for you at MK? what would you do/see wait for and so on?

4. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Well, we'd plan on getting into the park before 9.30am - we didn't get into MK one year at 10.30am as it was full to capacity!

We wouldn't set our hearts on getting onto any rides but as I've said, it's the parades and shows that make the day for me.

So, we'd start off at a leisurely pace once inside, there is no rush, we'll be here until the late hours. So, wandering along Main Street (eyeing up a few purchases for later). Maybe watch Dapper Dans and the Main Street Entertainers "I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street USA A A"" :lol: If it's a nice day, grab a pastry from the bakery and take it outside to people watch while we eat. We may have a nosey at the character artist and maybe some glass blowing.

Catch the show at the castle (it will change later in the day). Take a Secret photo at the mini statues :D

Wander into Tomorrowland and grab a fastpass for Buzz to use later. The peoplemover doesn't usually have a line so pop onto that. We may have a few photos taken with Buzz and Stitch before grabbing a drink and checking out the 'local' shops.

There's 2 parades today so we might grab a spot for the first - kerbside so we can take photos. No matter how long of a line, we would probably do HM which doesn't have a FP facility. Maybe a trip on the ferryboat and catch some street entertainers.

Usually ring home to wish family a Merry Christmas and to make them jealous. Continue around the attractions and if the lines aren't too bad, pop on a couple of rides.

:unsure: I don't think you wanted this much detail :lol:
    Anyway, we take it slow. We actaully watch the parade for the second time too and also the show in Totally Tomorrowland Christmas which is followed by a dance party.
    Can't miss Celebrate the Season and we also join in on Move It Shake It Celebrate It.
    We watch the Electrical Parade/Spectromagic (which ever is showing) and of course the never to be missed Holiday Wishes.
    Dinner at CP was pretty cool on the day too.

5. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

AAAwwwww I want to be over there for Christmas too!!! :yes:

6. keith

brilliant post issy thanks!!!

I'm just not sure there's enough to keep me interested there for the WHOLE day and evening but you do make it sound brilliant