1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Which resort after polynesian?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by disneymom, Dec 22, 2010.

1. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

We stayed at the polynesian last time and I cried when we left :( I dont know that we will be able to afford to go back to it but I dont want to miss disney just because of that.

Could you all recommend a resort? will staying at one of the moderates feel like an awful anticlimax after the polynesian? what facilities would we miss

2. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Can't say what you'd miss since we've never stayed at the Poly. :unsure:

However, our very favoritest (????) resort of the ones we've tried has to be Port Orleans Riverside.

[​IMG]

We always keep going back there trip after trip.

Tom :)macwave:... y'all come back now, ya hear!)

3. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    I can definately recomend port orleans riverside you can always visit the polynesian via the disney transport

4. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Port Orleans is the one resort that we keep returning to. Not quite a deluxe but definitely head and shoulders (IMHO) above a value.

5. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

wow amazingly I get to agree with other people (that rarely happens ;-) )

Port Orleans always seems like a bargain. It's far enough from a value to feel like a worthy upgrade whilst not being too much more and is sufficiently cheaper than a deluxe.

It has the boat to downtown disney which is a lovely jaunt in good weather. It's close to downtown disney so for those of us who get taxi cabs, it costs a lot less than cabs from magic kingdom resorts.

Got a restaurant there in the resort too + piano bob and Elliott the Jazz singer

6. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

Althugh I havent stayed there, from what Ive read, I would also recommend Port Orleans :)

we might even try it too!

7. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I'm not great at relaxing :( really awful in fact but port orleans just oozes relaxation, especially french quarter

8. Casey3557

Casey3557 Earning my ears

Another vote for Port Orleans! We actually like both "sections" of the resort - Riverside and French Quarter. (They are two separate resorts, but share a bus line most of the time.) The French Quarter section is much smaller, which makes it easy to get around. Lots of really cute little touches in the decor.

Riverside is much larger and has two styles of rooms - Bayou and Mansion. Both are much the same except for some differences in decor and some of the Bayou rooms have trundle beds.

Both resorts are very pretty and both have food courts and shops. And both offer watercraft transportation to DTD, which is a great alternative to the buses. You could not go wrong with either resort! :yes: