1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

which resort has the best busses?

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by disneymom, Sep 15, 2008.

1. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

not as daft as it sounds I dont mean the nicest looking or comfiest :) I mean is there a resort that has fast transportation to all the parks? every one I look at seems to be good for some but bad for others

2. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

There is no one perfect hotel transortation wise as most are in the vicinity of one park which will obviously mean fast transpotation to that park and a bit of a drive to the other - I wouldn't pick your hotel due to transport though I would do that according to budget - TBH no park is more than 20 minutes or so drive from any hotel.

I suppose if you want the most central maybe PO or CB are closes to the middle :unsure: I may however be hallucinating

3. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

The bus service at Coronado Springs is excellent. :thumbs_up:

4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Buses are generally very good, very reliable transport. I know I would have been quite grateful for a decent bus during our last stay (at the Poly). The monorails were having horrid problems and we were left waiting forever (it seems) on several different occassions.

Once we had to get off the monorail (at the TTC, so no huge deal) because it wouldn't "start."

So, no real guarantees on any form of transport, but the buses are much easier to reroute when there is a problem.

5. piglet

piglet Serious Forum Regular

I remember when we went to WL that the bus service was pretty awful but I'm certain that has been rectified and it's supposed to be a lot better
    OMG I've just realised that was 10 years ago. It must have got better by now

6. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Well, the same buses are used regardless of the type of resort--no class system!

Quite honestly, I found the bus service to be slightly better at the value and moderate resorts than the deluxe resorts (haven't used them at DVC resorts). That could be a matter of perception, with me just missing one bus and the next one running slightly late due to traffic or other issues.

Now, at park closing, the queues for the value and moderate resorts are a gazillion times longer than those for the deluxe resorts. They also operate more buses to the value and moderate resorts to help keep the mass of humanity flowing as quickly as possible.

Have to agree that CBR and POR/POFQ seem to have the most central location of the moderates, although CSR didn't require much time to reach any of the four main parks or DTD. Pop Century is the most centrally located of the value resorts; the All Star Resorts are nearest AK.

The main reason 60 to 90 minutes transit time is recommended if you need to be somewhere at a specific time is the possibility of just missing one bus--or it's full--and having to wait for the next one, as well as actually entering the park. Actual transit (bus) time is about 20 to 25 minutes for the park destinations farthest from the resort origination.

7. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Remember, WDW is about the size of a small town--47 square miles or so, if I remember correctly. A resort always will be closer to one or two parks than others.

8. Tink

I've been astonished before at how crowded the buses are for some Deluxe resorts! For example the BWI/V resort bus travels to the S/D and sometimes the Y/B! :eek:

I've never had that happen on a value resort bus.

9. Skywatcher

However I have been like this....

[​IMG]

on a bus to Pop and ASM on many an occasion

10. Tink

:lol: You have NOT! :lol: You've had to wait maybe, but never hung off the back! :lol:

11. Skywatcher

OK but it has been a little snug sometimes

12. Tink

That I'll grant you. :lol: It can be "bumper to bumper" on the value buses, but that holds true for the deluxe resort buses too. :yes: