1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Which resort has the best christmas theme?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by mgmrach, Nov 14, 2008.

1. mgmrach

mgmrach Imagineer

We really want to go see some resorts this time and want to make sure we hit the ones with the best decorations for christmas. I've heard the grand floridian is the best but where else is good?
  2. Val

Val Disney Secrets

grand, wilderness lodge and yacht and beach club are lovely too.
    poly and animal kingdom lodge are quirky, i think. we stayed at the poly one xmas, and it was very strange to me, the tropical xmas theme, must be the scottish thinking lol.
  3. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

I've only seen Grand Floridian and Beach Club but they are both definitely worth a look.

All Stars have bit of tinsel around the entrance to the Food Court. :rofl:
  4. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

My DW and I did a "behind the scenes" tour a few years ago around Christmas time which was fantastic.
    Part of the tour involved a stop at the GF which our guide reckoned was the best of them all at this time of year. That`s not to say that the others aren`t worth a visit as some of them are really amazing.
    The GF boasts the largest of all the Christmas trees though, decorated with 10,000 LED lights we were told, in addition to the huge gingerbread house they construct in the lobby...well worth a visit.
  5. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I think that the WL is themed lovely!
  6. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

The Grand Floridian and the Boardwalk are the best decorated IMO.
  7. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

We have stayed at Boardwalk, Disney Inn, CBR over the Christmas Holidays but have visited the Grand Floridian, Poly, and Beach Club over the years during the holidays.

The fastest transition ever from normal to Christmas was our first trip, seemed to happen over night. Went to bed without a Christmas tree outside our door (Disney Inn - some time ago) and poof there is was in the morning!

The GF is stunning. It is a must for us to stop in for a drink or tea and sit in the lobby and listen to the live music and people watch.

I think the Boardwalk had the best decorations of any place we stayed during the holidays.
  8. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

It is, of course a matter of personal taste, yes? :yes:

The GF will have that gloriously aromatic gingerbread house that is large enough to use as a shop! (Which they do). It's absolutely worth seeing.

There are other fanciful gingerbread creations at most of the deluxes (not sure about the Contemporary-that resort has never wowed me) so try to see as many as you can.

The easiest way is to visit the WL, then do the monorail resorts. Then, take a bus ride out to AKL, and tour there. The circle of resorts (BC, YC, Swan, Dolphin and BW) is the next group that are easy to see. It's a lovely walk around.

We liked Port Orleans too (or Riverside, whatever it is really called. Can't keep it straight since they changed it from Dixie Landings). :sorry:

DTD is fancy too, as are all the parks. Each has it's own theme.

WDW at Christmas is very festive and a sure way to get in the holiday spirit. :yes:
  9. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

The Contemporary Resort was a bit short on Christmas decorations last year--it was being refurbished. Prior years it had a mid-century, contemporary theme.

With WDW's definition change of "contemporary" from mid-century modern to more current contemporary, the decorations probably will be different this year from previous years. Could be worth a look. :)
  10. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

IMHO, the GF is the best. But all of the Deluxes are great.