1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Which villa community is best placed for Disney?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by Tom Morrow, May 22, 2011.

1. Tom Morrow

Tom Morrow Imagineer

Me again :)

We want a villa area which is best placed to get to Disney. Since everyone seems to say theyre 15minutes away :/ I'd like to know which one is best?

2. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

It's difficult to say which one is best as all people have different wants and needs.

Ours is a Gated Community with a Private Security company who patrol - they also act as concierge for guests who have questions about the area and they carry CPR equipment in their vehicles.

We are 8 miles from Disney and use a shortcut down Florence Villa Grove to get to Disney.

There aer closer communites on the 192 than ours but I don't know anything about them but if you could find a villa community map then maybe you could research them

Sandra

3. Tom Morrow

Tom Morrow Imagineer

thanks :thumbsup: we dont really know what we're after yet either so it's all a bit new but somewhere easy to drive to disney

4. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

They are all easy to drive to Disney, driving is Florida is very easy and the roads are bigger than ours here in the UK

From our front door we can be on Disney property within 15 minutes

The communities are built so guests are within close proximity. I think the furthest out are atSouthern Dunes or Calabay Park at Tower Lake but they still get rentals - it's just personal chocie

Sandra

5. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Like Sandra said it's down to personal choice.

The closest communities to Disney that I can think of are Windsor Hills off Old Lake Wilson Road - it's a fairly new gated community with a guard and the houses have been packed in like sardines.

Formosa Gardens is a bit further along the 192 and is an older community, but I would think it a prestige community. It is an un-manned gate that you have to put a security code into. The houses in there range from 3 or 4 bedroomed up to huge mansion style houses with 8+ bedrooms.

In the same area you also have Emerald Island - fairly new gated with a guard, in the same area is Sunset Lakes.

There are a lot to choose from and obviously the closer you are to Disney the more you will pay for a villa.

If it is your first time, then I would possibly go for a gated community with a guard as you will feel very safe and if you have any questions etc, there is normally a clubhouse where you can ask.