1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Why do you keep going back to Walt Disney World

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Wendy, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

What keeps you going back to WDW year after year?
  2. Dizneyblonde

Dizneyblonde Secret's Birthday Fairy!

It's my other home,so have to go back to see the family ;-)
  3. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

It is my happy place.
  4. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

The only place on the planet that I can forget about everything else and just have fun.
  5. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

I agree with what Johnnie said "it's my happy place"
    When work/life gets stressful I immediately picture myself walking around WDW having a great time. It's what I think of at night when I can't sleep. It's the one place where I can let go of my stress and just have a great time. It's where my kids grew up, they have been there over a dozen times and they consider it their second home.
  6. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

There is SO much more in this great big beautiful country of ours that Donna and I keep saying we would like to do but somehow the allure of WDW keeps drawing us back. I guess I can't really explain it but it like they implant a magnet in you on your first trip and then use it to keep drawing you back.
  7. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Serious Forum Regular

We actually get withdrawal symptoms if we haven't been for a while.... like now, we've got them really bad at the moment.

I love the customer care actually, nowhere else in the world have we encountered that magical care anywhere else. If they lose that then they lose me. It makes a HUGE difference and that's why we keep going back.

Plus there's other bits that I can't really explain.
  8. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

It's an instant vacation. Now that we live on top of the place, it's given us a bit of a sense of freedom to explore other holiday options!

We can pop into WDW when time permits, and enjoy a bit here and there. We still go down to stay, as in a proper holiday, but it's no longer our main focus holiday and that was very liberating.

For all the changes that do not please me, WDW still gets the majority of "it" right. :yes:
  9. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

Like others have said you can forget everything else and relax.
  10. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Every year there is something new to see and do and i just love FLORIDA
  11. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Imagineer

It's my bubble, where the stress of the world can't touch me.
    It also gives me a place where I can act like a 5 year old and no-one bats an eyelid :lol:
  12. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

I grew up with Disney in my life. From the original Mickey Mouse club on what passed for tv in those days, to stories like Peter Pan and Pedro from my Disney story book each night before I went to bed. I remember as a child, sitting in bed while my mother read Peter Pan to me and clapping madly to try to help Tink! The first movie I ever saw in a theater was Snow White with my dad. While I was growing up, we watched all the Disney Sunday night TV shows. Disneyland, Walt Disney Presents, Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color, The Wonderful World of Disney, etc. I remember watching Mary Martin as Peter Pan in the tv show (I really wanted to see it on Broadway). The simulcast of Fantasia. It was so cool to see and hear it on the TV while you also had the soundtrack on the radio. I cried during Bambi and Dumbo.

When Walt announced the Florida Project, I was glued to the TV set that Sunday night in 1965. This was right in my own back yard so to speak. Only about an hour and a half from where we lived at the time! :mental:

So, when I got older and could plan my own vacations, Disney World became a logical choice. If for no other reason than to recapture some of that childhood wonder and magic that Disney brought to me as I was growing up.

And you know what? It's never disappointed me. Every time I go back to Disney World, it's like being a kid again. With that sense of wonder, excitement, and awe. So, that's why I keep going back. And why I'll continue to go back until I can't anymore.

Tom :)macwave:... I don't want to grow up!)
  13. Faythstar

Faythstar Imagineer

There is no other way to say it: I am young at heart.

When I'm flipping through channels and see Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on, I always stop there to see if they're singing the "Hotdog Song" (& I don't have any children). I have in-depth conversations with friends about who our favorite Disney princess is, gauging their high and low points, and we don't bat an eye. I will always don mouse ears or a tiara in the parks, no matter my age. I still believe in magic, and I hope I always will.

And while these things may be looked at critically by many, when I'm at Disney, I'm just another kid swept up in the absolute magic of everything. I can carry on a conversation with a fictional character, and it's real.

As a kid who grew up obsessed with fairytales (& who, to some extent, still is), it's the one place in the world where they are are more than fiction, and I just can't get enough.

It is my happy place. :)
  14. Suebeattie

Suebeattie Addicted to Mickey

Because it's Walt Disney world! :)

:wiggle:
  15. emilyelkins1234

emilyelkins1234 Earning my ears

its the atmosphere everyones so happy there even the people who work there