1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Why do you love Disney/Florida

Discussion in 'General' started by Wendy, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I was talking to a friend today and she asked why we were going back to Florida again, what made it so special and why did I love Disney so much.

When I tried to explain it to her, she just laughed so I gave up :shrug:

I know I'm not alone, so I just wondered what is it about Disney or Florida that you love and keeps you going back for more?

2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Such a great question Wendy hmmmmm hard one though

I guess having traveled around a fair bit before Orlando, I found Orlando to be an exciting destination even before getting on the plane! I mean, we can travel to loads of places which will have a mix of business and holiday makers, but a plane load of people waiting to board to go to Orlando has an excitement to it. Everyone is going there to have a great time and the feeling is contagious!

That blast of heat as we get off the plane :D we're here! Then the Disney welcome, the smiles, the service, the fascinating resorts.

All that's before even getting to the parks!

After the first visit, it felt like a second home and we couldn't wait to get back there. Although much has changed over the years and I'm not sure we feel quite so looked after by Disney, we still love going back and we can relax there.

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

The original attraction for us was the "thawing out" factor. We'd go during the colder months when we lived in the north east, and soak up the sun. We'd always come back burnt. :sorry:

Disney is pure escape. You lose yourself in an unreal, fantasy world where everything is sanitized and perfected. Who can resist.

Things have changed over the years and the details of service have disappeared a bit, but it's still fantasy and escapism.

Florida itself is simply warm! :D Those of us who creak when we walk need the warmth and humidity to function. We love the beaches.

We are not so enamored of the politics and some of the backward thinking, but we try to ignore that as much as possible.

4. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

I love Florida mostly because of its climate. I fell in love with Disney on my honeymoon and it has provided my family with some of our happiest moments. Life can get hectic at times and Disney allows me the opportunity to escape and catch my breath and gives me the strength to face the reality of life until my next trip.

5. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

:yeahthat:

Exactly. :yes:

Like I tell people, when we go, we drive. When I arrive at the hotel and park the car, the last things I do after unloading the luggage is to put the sun screen in the windshield, then take my brain out and sit it on the front seat. I don't see the car or my brain for the next week.

Pure escapism. :thumbsup:

Tom :)macwave:... daim bramaged...)

6. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    I love florida an disney something to do every minute of the day or if you want to do nothing just laze by the pool. I have seen a fair bit of florida but keep finding new things to do each year

7. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I love Disney not Florida. The heat and humidity are the same here so I can get that at home :tongue:

Disney is my Happy Place. Pure and Simple. I don't even try to explain it to anyone any longer. Those who get it need no explanation and those who don't will never understand.

8. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

The little tiny perks... right now? I can hear (and see some) Wishes. :D :D :D

9. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

I totally agree with that Keith, although I had to fly to Orlando [then on to Tampa] on a business trip a few years ago and it was horrible being surrounded by holiday makers...it made me feel so jealous.
    Some of them that I spoke too thought that I was crazy, flying out there on day one, a meeting on day two, before flying back home on day three, when most of my fellow passengers were going for a minimum of 2 weeks!!

I must admit that I am now hooked on Florida.
    Whereas Disney was the main reason for going in the early years, ever since we bought our villa I now realise that Florida has so much more to offer [coasts, the Keys, Everglades etc.etc.], not to mention the great climate compared with the UK.

10. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

We always go at Christmas, its my most favourite time of the year - so for us its Christmas, Rides and loooods of fun! You forget about normal every day stuff, you spend 2 weeks with the people you love the most doing wonderful things!

11. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

Why I love Disney - The main reason is because I have so many wonderful memories with my parents and sister on our family vacations growing up. It's just such a happy place to go and there are so many things to do.

Why I love Florida - uh, um....weather!! Growing up in Chicago for my first 28 years and then another 8 years in Minnesota I can appreciate the 70 degree January's!! Plus the fact that most of our vacation destinations are here it made sense to move here to save all that airfare!!

12. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

Very well said Johnie.....and you are SO right about our heat and humidity...going to be a scorcher today...hitting 100 :sorry:!

13. Sam

Sam Imagineer

A friend asked us yesterday why we just don't go to Disneyland Paris if we love Disney so much.

Like so many of you it's Florida not just Disney. The whole experience of getting there, the parks, the people, the restaurants, the shopping everything. For my other half it's the driving, he loves how calm it is. Even the planning gets me so wound up. :bounce:

14. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    I agree SAM its the resturants and just the whole FLORIDA EXPERIANCE.I love visiting new places and I like the driving as well:tiggertail::tiggertail: