1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Wilderness Lodge Must Do's?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by Beccaberry, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Rosie0610

Rosie0610 Imagineer

I wasn't even staying there but last trip we needed some 'down' time after a day at the MK so we took the boat over to WL. DH got a beer and we settled down on the outside patio in the rocking chairs. A girl was there doing some homework but otherwise we were all alone.

It was so peaceful and relaxing!

I can't wait to go in December!!
  2. *Bambi-Belle*

*Bambi-Belle* Imagineer

If you take the elevators next to the shop up to the fifth floor there is a viewing balcony with rocking chairs which give a fantastic view over the lake. We sat there for a while on Christmas day. So tranquil.

Artist point is so lovely. The Salmon was spot on and the wine pairing was fabulous.

The boat over to the Magic Kingdom at night is great. We prefer the little adventurer boat but we had a great time on Mermaid one too. The captains are so friendly and enjoy a little banter.

Sitting on your balcony watching the ELP and listening to the excitement from the pool and people returning on the boat. We will have a woods view next time so it will be slightly different to what we have had in the past, still can't wait though.

The old guy in the lobby. Have a chat with him, he is adorable and full of wonderful info about the hotel. There was also a lovely cast member who spoke to both my sons for ages about the little engine thing that is near the fire place.

They now show movies on the beach on certain nights.

My youngest son loved the rubber duck races with the cast members. He also loved the pool party lol

Stacy on the flat screen TV telling you about her top 7 places to go in Disney. Heeheeheehee Joking but your not in a Disney hotel if you don't have Stacy on your TV lol :biggrin:

I must admit to just loving sitting in the lobby on one of the comfy chairs and soaking up the atmosphere. Every time we go to the WL we feel very privileged and lucky, the hotel has given us some wonderful family memories.:hearts:
  3. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

I just can NOT wait after hearing all these wonderful things!!! Thank you!!! :worship: