1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Will Disney's Epcot Get New Pavilion?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Isafari, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Could a new pavilion be coming to Epcot at Walt Disney World? Yes, at least according to a Brazilian media outlet.

According to a columnist for Sao Paolo newspaper Folha, Disney approached the Brazilian government this week about adding a Brazil pavilion to Epcot.

Last year, Orlando saw 1.7 million visitors from Brazil. The country was one of the top three origin countries for international visitors. It also showed the most growth year-to-year, at 34 percent, according to Visit Orlando.

Visit Orlando said that arrivals from the United Kingdom and Ireland continued to decline last year, while South American markets showed growth.

That's no surprise to Central Florida locals, who often spot Brazilian tour groups at Orlando hot spots.

A Disney spokeswoman said the report of a new pavilion was "rumor and speculation."

Walt Disney World hasn't added a pavilion to World Showcase since 1986, when it added Norway. The theme park opened in October 1982.

2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

yeah must say, the last few times we've been, we've seen huge groups from brazil with identical t-shirts. Definitely seems like a growing trend.

another pavilion would be wonderful

3. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

I know this has been an ongoing rumour for a while now but I'd love to see Africa have a full pavillion

4. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    I think it would be good for epcot to have a new pavilion

5. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I don't know enough about Brazil to really comment. However South America is not represented so it might be a good idea.

6. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

South America does deserve to be represented. There is a wealth of culture below the Equator that deserves to be recognized!

7. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

how true is that!!

Let's hope they do something. I'm sure they'll need to build something soon, just so they can pack a few new restaurants in !