1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

with pin trading, do we have to trade?

Discussion in 'Collections including Pin Trading' started by dvcjane, Jun 1, 2011.

1. dvcjane

dvcjane Imagineer

DD really wants to try pin trading but she's very possessive :lol: i can see tears if someone demands one of her favourites. Does she just keep them back and not show them or is there some way to say i'll trade only these

2. Suebeattie

Suebeattie Addicted to Mickey

I'm not sure of the etiquette with pin trading but all I was going to do was get a pin bag to keep my pins in, take ones I want to trade and do most of my trading with the cast members.
    From what I understand if you want a specific pin from them they have to give it to you, not sure if they are able to request specific pins back.
    I would say to say to her to pick out the ones she really wants to keep and leave them in the room or at home.
    :wiggle:

3. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

She'll be perfectly safe if she only trades with CMs. They would never ask her for one she wanted to keep. :thumbsup:

4. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

When you trade with a CM you decide what pin you want to trade for and what pin you will give them back in trade. The general rule of thumb is that if a CM has a pin on their trading lanyard it is there to trade and they do not say "well I'll only trade this one for that one". Other pin traders however, do have that option.

5. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

I would think pin trading is like any other trading.....if you don't like the deal you're being offered in return for a pin why wouldn't you be able to say "no thanks"?

6. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Here's the link to Disney's official Pin Trading Etiquette document.

Basically indicates that you decide what to offer for trade!

Tom :)macwave:... upgrading to iTunes 10.3 as we speak!)

7. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

If you trade with a CM, you just say 'I want to trade 'X' pin for 'Y' pin' and do it that way :thumbsup: If you trade with another guest you are free to do what you like so you can turn around and say no thanks politely if you don't like what they have to offer or aren't willing to give up a certain pin :thumbsup:

CMs have a 'pin swap' station at each costuming location that is open a few times a week, if we have pins that we aren't trading very well we can swap them around, so if we 'lose' a pin that we like we can swap them and probably get the same one back :thumbsup: