1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

World Showcase

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Isafari, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

I enjoy the WS section of Epcot way better than Future World. I love the live entertainment.

Which country has the best live entertainment in your opinion?
  2. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I also love WS and it's frankly my favorite part of WDW. I love all the countries. My favorite entertainment was the masquerade show in Italy. I have always wanted to dress up like that and go to one of those parties. So watching that show was like being able to be there even for a split moment.
  3. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

The Christmas storyteller in Italy - I was spellbound by her.
  4. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

Japan. The drummers are totally amazing!
  5. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

The UK!

The British Invasion!

My DW always screams. She thinks it's still 1964! :mental:

Tom :)macwave:... trapped in the 60's with her)
  6. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

tbh i've never really taken much notice. When we're at Epcot it's to do a few rides and we tend to wander and eat in the evening. Jon isn't much of one for hanging around and watching entertainment. When we go without kids though i think we'll do it.
  7. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

Japan........... i love the apprentice drummers they are awesome :)
  8. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I love all the performers :yes:

Off Kilter in Canada

British Invasion in UK

The belly dancer in Morocco

The World Showcase players in the UK and Italy

Voice of Liberty in America

The acrobats in China

The drummers in Japan

I really miss the statues :sorry:
  9. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I too have to agree that the drummers in Japan are amazing.
  10. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Oh gosh. I can't ever choose just one favorite of anything! I love the band in Norway. Once when we were there with a very young Seth he was so excited by the band, he started clapping in time with them. He was enjoying them so much that one of the women players started laughing!

Mexico's Mariache Cobre is wonderful. I love to listen to them, watch them... and the audience! :yes:

China's acrobats make me nervous. :( I have a hard time watching them, but I do love the story teller at Christmas time. :yes:

Germany doesn't have the band outside like it used to, but we do still love to listen to them indoors. :yes:

The US has several performances that we enjoy. :yes: Voices of Liberty, and the jazz singers, along with the traditional colonial fife and drum "troupe."

Italy is a little barren anymore. We used to love Bella Nova! The statutes were wonderful, so were the Carnivale people. We'd love to see any one of them come back. :yes:

Japan's drummers and the candy woman are both great fun. The candy woman is so talented!!!

Morocco's Mo'Rockin is a favorite of many, but we don't care for this group much anymore. They are kind of in need of a few new numbers. I particularly don't care for the Middle Eastern Dancer. :shrug: :sorry:

France has the scary waiter act! :eek: They've changed the premise a bit. The actor that does the height balancing is no longer masquerading as a tourist, but it's still every bit as scary! :eek:

UK's British Invasion, and the new woman who sings in the pub (Pam is no longer there... :sorry: or maybe we just missed her???) is fun, but whoooeeee she can use some tuning up! We like the "players" here with the King Arther skit. :D

Now that Off Kilter no longer tries to make us hearing impaired, we can enjoy them again. They were far too loud for a certain period there, and we'd avoid them. Would like to see them get a few new numbers too. Alberta Bound is a very nice group too, but seems to be overshadowed by Off Kilter.

We love the WS. It's our favorite place in all of Disney. :yes:

Nice thread, Issy! Thank you for starting it! :yes: :hug2:
  11. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

:yes: She made me a fabulous green dragon. :applaudit:
  12. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I can't seem to locate the candy woman...I think she hides when she sees me.
  13. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

I love the entertainment in WS, we have seen most of it over the years and this time as we will have more days to dedicate to Epcot I am planning on seeing everything. DS loves Sergio in Italy, he always gets to join in and it is very funny, the candy lady is very talented (although she scares me a bit as she is very bossy :lol:) love Off Kilter. The only ones I avoid are the showcase players who are often in the UK, I am scared they are going to pick on me :lol:
  14. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Miyuki, the candy artist in Japan is phenomenal...even more so once you know that there are only 15 candy artists in Japan and that Miyuki is the only woman there to be trained as a candy artist. She trained under her grandfather; one of the most renowned candy artists in Japan.

I adore the Voices of Liberty in America...I get goosebumps each time I hear them.

The World Showcase Players NEVER fail to entertain, their improvisational skills are incredible.

The British Invasion, is not only wonderfully fun music, they truly have the *perfect* setting in my opinion. I ADORE sitting on the curb with a drink from the R&C and just relaxing while listening to them sing. It's the PERFECT evening.

Off Kilter has long been my favorite; however I will say I was disappointed to find Jamie noticeably absent when we were there last week. I overheard someone ask where he was after the show and the response was that he "was taking some time off" although they did say he would be there on Friday (this was Wednesday). I hope all is well with him. The show was still lovely, but his personality was definitely missed...it was almost as if they were only "slightly off kilter." :)
  15. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

I like British Invasion and the dancer from Mo Rockin' ....but not the band!
  16. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

well.. I havent seen all the shows, but I loved the Chinese acrobats... they do make me nervous though... but in a good way.. hahaha
  17. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

They are incredibly talented, but they me a bit sad in a way...they are always so serious and solemn looking.