1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Worried about restaurant queues Easter 2012

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by montymouse, Aug 19, 2011.

1. montymouse

montymouse Imagineer

Hi everyone!

I am booked to go to Disneyworld (All Star Sports) for Easter 2012. I have not paid out for the Disney Dining Plan and I am worried that we will be unable to eat in many restaurants because of long wait times. Does anyone know if we have to reserve for most days as I do not want to be limited to exact times everyday. I am thinking of booking a couple, but do you have to pay if you do not turn up? Any tips or advice would be most gratefully received. We are staying 31st March for 14 nights.

Thanks
    :wave:

2. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

If you want to eat at a table service restaurant then you will need to make ADR's. Easter is an extremely busy time so I would make the ADR's 180 days out so you can go to the restaurants you want. Typically restaurants are fully booked and you won't be allowed to wait for a table.

3. disney-fan

disney-fan Imagineer

You will want to book as soon as you can .You can see the menus on line to help choose which ones you want. Booking a dinner at one of the hotels is a good idea .The parks will be packed and a little get away helps .Easter is the most crowed time of the year.

4. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

As or right now there are only a few restaurants that take a credit card when you make the ADR and they will charge you if you don't show. The others do not charge right now, but as mentioned you really do need an ADR, especially at Easter, to eat at a sit down restaurant. I have heard rumours that more restaurants may start requiring a credit card to book.

5. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

:wave: We usually go at Easter and even though it's crowded we always seem to get where we want to eat. We do book at 180 days for all our sit down meals. I find it's a life saver at times! When you know you have a ressie you will take that much need break! It refreshes us and we're able to hit those EMH with a vengeance :yes:

6. montymouse

montymouse Imagineer

Thanks, i was beginning to panic. Will have to get myself sorted with planning a schedule!
    :thumbsup:

7. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

During certain holidays, WDW has been known to raise prices on food, and to require a credit card hold on restaurants where there usually is none, so be alert to that.

It is a real inconvenience to have to plan your meals so far in advance. We are "what do you feel like eating today" people and having to decide that 180 days in advance is little short of ludicrous for us. :shrug:

But, if you want table service at WDW, that's what you must do.

8. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Good advice has been given by all but if you make ADR`s then PLEASE show up , or cancel well in advance if you decide that you cannot make it.

This will open up some availability to other guests who may wish to dine at your chosen venue.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  9. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I agree. I hate doing ADR's so far in advance but it is a necessity at WDW

10. chief

chief Earning my ears

last year we stayed in a villa but i did book some adr for character dining. a friend went this easter and she had no adr, i tried to book for her and couldnt get any reservations. it was a shame really but she still had fun.
    you do have to get your head around what you want to do on each day and that is difficult so far in advance.
    but i agree with all the other posts and you really must do this to make the most of your trip and ddp.:yes:
    happy planning.
    sara

11. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

:wave:I guess I'm in the minority here but it doesn't bother me to make early reservations, it adds to the fun of planning for me. we usually go the park that has night EMH, we would rather stay late than start so early! I also plan our meal around the park we will be in or a close by resort. If for some reason we don't want to go, I cancel in advance. That rarely happens:tongue:

12. montymouse

montymouse Imagineer

Thanks for the advice, just noticed you must be going when we are! Soon be Christmas and then Disney woohoo xx