1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Worse WDW Trip Ever

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Tinker, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

where do I even start ... it never stopped 5 days of pure he!!
    turned me completely off Disney
    Check in with confirmation number ... no room available . WHAT !?!!! But I have a confirmation , sorry , there was a mix up , we have no rooms available .
    want to speak to manager , Abid was a complete jerk . How did you book ? With a TA , then he proceeds to throw TMFL under the bus . Never encountered such rudeness . I even told him today is my birthday ... What will you celebrate is a crock !!! Its now 2:20 PM , I proceed to tell him , while he is searching on his laptop, my guess was for a room . That we have an ADR at MaMa Melrose for 2:55 , this jerk says, looks like your not going to make it as it takes 20 minutes to get to DHS . By the time you park, go through security and get in the park and to the restaurant it will be their time for the Fantasmic Package... which you do not have .
    By now, my blood pressure would have blew a BP machine up . I said, Look, here is my cell phone number , when you figure out where you can put us ... Call Me . He then promises to call guest services and or the restaurant to let them know wed be late .
    3:15 inside guest services , spoke to Danielle , which could have cared less... proceeds to say we are to late for our ADR For Melrose as Fantasmic package had begun and it was sold out . Cocky little thing ... she was !!! Abid never called . Fight our way through the stores as the Block Party Parade had begun . Yelled at for crossing rope before parade had arrived that area . I apologized , briefly explained and that CM said, Go Ahead !
    Got to Melrose explained what had happened . I'm so sorry ma'am , but we are sold out . But Helen had heard and grabbed my arm as we were leaving . She said, come with me !!! She said she overheard and could not believe that we had not been upgraded . She sat us at a booth and said , she'd be back . Next thing I knew the manager Laura was there with a reservation for 3 for Fantasmic and 3 Golden fast Passes that Cindy proceeded to snatch up . No biggie !
    Finally get a call from WDW central reservations to go to Pop Century .
    So, we leave , go to Pop , where they proceed to tell us we need to check in , check back out in the morning and check back in . Even though we had reservations there for another 3 nights . And she wants me to pay for the one night stay . I thought at this time that I had to be on Candid Camera or I had never woke up and it was a sick dream and I started to laugh . I said I am not paying you another cent ... its my birthday and so far it has been ruined . I have had a better trime unofficially celebrating my birthday at Disney rather than of all things the day of .
    Now the manager Ryan is there . And said ... No Worries ... we will contact ASM and credit you for the one night stay .
    Our room could not have been further in the back . I could have jumped in the lake and swam to the unfinished part of Pop .
    Back to DHS after I unpacked . Cindy decided to live out of her dufflebag . Did I tell you she smokes and lit a cigarette right near the room . I told her I had stopped and it now severely messes with my allergies . Her comeback was I really don't care after this day , Disney can kiss my butt . I was mortified and thought this is only going to get worse .
    Got to Fantasmic and 1/2 hour before the show ... the skies opened up and it poured with thunder & lightning . They announced Fantasmic was canceled . that was how my birthday ended . Back to resort , got a soda & snack . Cindy proceeded to light another cigarette since its raining out . I was not happy and she unhappily smoked right outside the room again .
    Stay Tuned ... The Horror Continues
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2009
  2. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

OMG!!

:hug2:

Im so sorry you had such a terrible experience

and my jaw is dropping just thinking of how rude the CMS were!!... maybe 1 person... but EVERYBODY?? whats going on?????

about this Cindy person.... gross....
  3. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry to hear that you had such a bad trip.

I would write a letter to Disney to let them know that the CM's were rude to you.
  4. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

If that had been your very first visit, you would never return!
    Sorry that it all went wrong Tinker :hug2:
  5. SleepinCatz

SleepinCatz Fluffeh Disney Fan

Wowzers....what an awful mess...I am so sorry you had such a horrible time.
  6. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Argh Tinker :( sorry you didn't have a great birthday trip :hug2:

I kinda have to read more though you know? It's like how can it get any worse from there?
  7. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

:jawdrop:

I would write a letter immediately!! Hopefully you got everyone's name which it seems you did.
  8. Johnie

I'm worried to hear what happened with her friend.
  9. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

maybe she's trussed up under the bed with a cigarette up each nostril:unsure:
  10. Mari

I agree.. you SHOULD write a letter

Back in '04 we were there during Hurricane Charlie, the day after the hurricane we had a PS for Tony's.... we showed up, the restaurant was closed and by that time everything else inside the park (saturday, after a day where everything had been closed because of the hurricane) was PACKED.. so we ended getting a snack and leaving.
    I was really bummed that the restaurant just closed (apparently not enoughn CMs showed up to be able to open) and people who had taken the time to make a PS hadnt been given an option...
    anyway, I wrote an email to Disney... they contacted me... via telephone... (internaitonal long distance) letting me know that they were sorry this had happened, that it had been a very weird day following the hurricane, and that it was a great suggestion to be able to give guests with PS alternatives when restaurants had problems...

Anyway.. all this to let you know that someone ABOVE the rude CMs CARES, and can probably do something, at least an apology...
  11. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

how awful tinker you will calm down eventually even though you think you have been spoilt forever :(
  12. lozzy

lozzy Addicted to Mickey

OMG Tinker, I am so sorry to hear that you had a bad time, I agree you shouldn't leave it write a letter, even if you don't get a reply I'm sure it will make you feel better to get out your disappointment.:hug2:
  13. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

oh goodness, not good at all! I would definitely be making a formal complaint.
  14. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

I'm going to go to the end of this nightmare and then give a few highlights .
    Sunday evening ... met Think Tink and her lovely daughters . Cindy turns into this sweet person that I had remembered four years earlier . Jumps in the seat next to her . Ok, no biggie !!! Saw Chef Kim and got a big bearly hug . Before this Cindy had this gross stained tank top on and I told her , look , I'm meeting a moderator from our Disney boards . We either go back to the resort and YOU change or you buy something or do not go with me . She did buy a top and I swear she showered once the whole time we were there . She smelled like stale cigarettes , and a combination of deordent and old BO and her breath . I won't even go there . I found a trial bottle of perfume in the Poly store and sprayed her . She yelled she was allergic . I said like I am to that nasty cigarette smoke .
    At dinner , I wanted to have a drink, when I realized my wallet was gone ... all my money everything . I remembered giving Christian some trading pins as this child had nothing and was bought nothing . I excused myself and went to the front desk , where I was told fill out a lost & found card thats the best we can do . I literally sat in a sofa at the Poly lobby and started to cry . It had finally caught up to me . I felt someone touch my hand . I looked up to the cutest angel, his name was Adam . He said, sweet lady, why are you so sad . I explained , long story short , he had my wallet within 15 minutes with a warm washcloth . He said, this is what makes my job worth it . He was my guardian angel, I swear . I went to the bathroom and used that nice warm washcloth to clean my tears and freshen up .
    When I got back to the dinner table , I was holding my wallet up and TT yelled YaY !!! Cindy grabs it out of my hand and I mean grabbed it and said, Now , you do not get it until we leave !!! I thought she was joking , but I found out she was very serious . I told her I wanted money for a drink and she told me I did not need one . I ate and enjoyed the meal while keeping my cool .
    We went over to MK and she was by the speedway having a smoke . I told her while the kids are riding I wanted money to buy a pin for our exchange . Can you believe she gave me a hard time and once I tried handing my wallet back to her she rudely grabbed it again and said Go, Before I Change My Mind ! I was never so embarassed in all my life . Especially right in front of TT . Once I returned , TT was on Astro Orbitor with the kids and all I'm going to say is I ripped into her like no other . I asked her who the harry she thought she was . The ending was I found TT , apologized, excused myself and went off on my own .
    I returned at 3 AM and Cindy had packed up and left . I guess the Truth hurt and I really don't think , she thought I had it in me to tell her right where to go .
    But after she left , I realized that she took my two day hopper with no exp that was given too me by the manager of Pop and all 6 Golden fast passes .
    The next day I went tro DME to register my bag . When the tag came through for my bag , it read MCO . But I was in FL . More stress . Apparently with being sick and all my tests , I had ordered the wrong tickets . But I sent it to Marie for her to printout since my printer is broken and she did not even catch my mistake . Not blaming her as I had done it , but I truly wish she had noticed as I got charged another $170. to just get home .
    Along the way with Air Tran , I was hung up on , told I couldn't pay my change over the phone , told by the supervisor since I didn't officially have my CC and just the number at the airport... that I wasn't going home as I wouldn't have it the next day either . That there was only one more flight leaving Orlando that afternoon to Allentown and by the time Jim would call Air Tran , it would be too late and the plane gone . As she walked away I said to Melissa in tears , but I am Deborah Kieffer and this is my number . Taking everything from my wallet with my name on it . She said, wait , shhhhh, put the number in , handed me a ticket and a note that said Have A Good Flight and Better Days to Come . God Bless !!! I would never recommend anyone use Air Tran .
    It truly was a nightmare trip from you know where .
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  15. Johnie

Wow. I've never had anything but excellent service from AirTran.

Why on earth was that woman holding on to your wallet?
  16. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I just don't know what to say but :hug2::hug2::hug2::hug2: you're home now and with friends ok? :yes:
  17. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I am utterly speechless. :cry2:
  18. SleepinCatz

SleepinCatz Fluffeh Disney Fan

whoosh....ok first things first...I have a shovel and can handle a 10 hr drive....what a witch!!!!!! OMG I don't know what else to say....I have never encountered anyone like that before and for thier sake they better pray I don't. I am slow to anger...but burn like a wildfire once i get there.
  19. Mari

Wow...

it was trully a nightmare

Im very VERY sorry you had such a terrible trip :(
  20. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

Nothing but :hug2:

What a horrible adventure..wow.:sorry: