1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Would you do a cruise or a longer resort stay?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line' started by Cinderella94, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Cinderella94

Cinderella94 Earning my ears

:wiggle: we're trying to plan and could perhaps do a 3 or 4 day sail but it would take quite a bit of money from the holiday so we'd have to do a shorter resort stay in walt disney world itself :( is the cruise really so great ? What is there to do on board?

2. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

In a word, yes the Disney Cruises are fabulous! :yes:
    We have done 8 of them so far and we are looking forward to taking our 9th DCL cruise later this year on the Disney Dream.

If your finances will allow I would definately go for the longest cruise that you can afford.
    We have only done 1 short cruise [3 day] and it seemed as though no sooner were you on board than it was time to disembark!

Having no children, we were at bit anxious before we took our first cruise, however we soon found that there were loads of folks on board in similar circumstances who had a ball.
    On the other hand, if you do have children, the various kids clubs cater for toddlers up to teenagers with loads of activities to keep them entertained....in fact many of those we have seen have been reluctant to be reunited with their parents at the end of the day! :lol:

Apart from the days when you are at the ports of call [ie the "Days at Sea"], there are loads of things taking place on board throughout each day and the pre-dinner shows on board are fantastic.

Take a peek at our Cruise Line Forum where you will find loads of useful information, but just holler if you have any specific questions and someone is bound to reply and help out.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  3. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Oddly enough that is the way we felt after our 7 day cruise. LOL

4. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

That's the way it always feels! :sigh:

Tom :)macwave:... but we'll keep doing it until we get it right! :sail:)

5. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

I think it depends on a lot of things

If its your first time at Disney, or your first time taking children, then I would recommend staying longer, and taking it easy, enjoying the parks, shows, character meals, etc...

If youve been to Disney before, and dont feel you are "missing out" on going to this park, on getting on that ride, or doing this character meal, then I think a cruise is wonderful... you get to go to different places, different beaches, and have 100% Disney themed entertainment and meals on board :)