1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Would you reccomend disney Cali for a 'non-disney' person?

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort and California Adventure' started by josh.p., Jul 15, 2008.

1. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

Would you reccomend it for someone whos not into the disney thing but does like theme parks? My friend loves the sound of florida ect, and is visiting cali, but doesnt 'do' disney per-se. He groaned through toy story :slap:

Would you reccomend that he goes there? is there many thrill rides there? and, can you do the downtown disney without a pass there?

2. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Well, DL/CA is much smaller than WDW. Depending on the time of year and crowds, a non-Disney person probably could do the parks in one day each and hit the high points.

DTD is located between the two parks. It's free, but you have to pay for parking. Shopping was more limited than at WDW, but it felt like there were more clubs or club-like restaurants than at DTD in WDW.

DL has Splash and Space Mountain (many consider Space Mountain at DL to be superior to the one at WDW), BTMRR and the original thrill ride-The Matterhorn. Well, compared to the rides today, not so thrilling, but it was when it was introduced! :lol:

CA has California Screamin', ToT (a bit different than at WDW) and a couple of lesser thrill-type rides. Also, the original Soarin' over California. And the Main Street Electrical Parade--if they haven't moved it to another park again!

Psycho Alice has been there more than I have in recent years. She should be a better source of information when she shows up. And BevW. Between them, all of your questions should be answered! :)

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I think your friend might like California Adventure. The MK there is a bit of a combination of all the WDW parks (save AK). IT's Disney, but not the overarching Disney of WDW.

There is Knott's Berry Farm, and Universal Studios in the general area too.

I

4. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Knott's Berry Farm isn't far from DL/CA, but Universal Studios is a good hour plus--depending on traffic--from Anaheim. It took us two hours to drive from Leu & Grandpa Sweetie's house (near Burbank airport) to DL/CA at 1:00 in the afternoon on a weekday in July. It used to take less than one hour! :eek:

But your friend might prefer City Walk at Universal to DTD at DL/CA. I haven't been there in a gazillion years, so have no idea what is there now. They were just beginning to develop it seriously when I moved away *ahem* 30 years a go.

5. PsychoAlice

PsychoAlice Resident Anarchist

umm I really dont think that DLC would not be a better choice...just because its smaller...but I think there is more to do in California in general...sorry folks...