1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Would you recommend Victoria and Alberts

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by Wendy, May 21, 2011.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I've been thinking about booking this for us in September. I fancy dressing up for a change :lol:

My problem is DH is very fussy, as Slowhand and uscwest already know and I'm worried it will be a waste of money.

2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

You couldn't possibly believe how fussy I am :lol: Seriously, I have never eaten vegetables/salads etc, ever, at all, in any way. Don't do pastas, don't do most seafood but the things I DO like, I want done the way I want them done and I want them to be really good.

The first time I went, i was extremely nervous about how much I'd be able to eat but I thought I'd go for the occasion and the others would enjoy it.

Anyway, the server asked me if there was anything special or that I didn't like I should tell them, so erm, I did :lol: half an hour later I'm sure they wished they hadn't asaked but they practically redid the whole menu for me.

Ever since then, my preferences have been recorded there so they know what I like and I don't.

They do try and get a real variety on there so that there's something for everyone and they don't have a problem with mixing things around. Again, sometimes the seafood course just has nothing I want so I'll have two of the meat options instead.

The other good thing is, all this is decided at the start of the dining and the menu decided so it's a few moments of feeling like I'm causing trouble :lol: then the next few hours are taken care of.

I really enjoy it even though they seem to have changed the water from Evian to "something else" which isn't as nice. (I did say I was fussy :lol:)

3. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

Gee Keith, you are a fussy blighter. lol How have you got to this stage of your life without veg and salads? :jawdrop:
    I would love to do V&A. I have read loads of reviews today of the restaurant and everyone who did a review seemed to love the place. I can but dream.........

Mags

4. keith

Certainly don't recommend it :lol: and when I was very very very very young they used to try and get me to eat them. I remember in school having doctors try their best but in the end I was just sick all the time so they ended up giving up. VERY VERY VERY rarely I'll smell a salad and have a feeling like I need to eat it but then I feel sick if I try so :/

I've had better food in better restaurants over the years, I should own up to that but so far in the Orlando area, and DEFINITELY in the Disney area, it stands on its own in my experience as being by far the best.

It's better now they don't play games either. The servers used to insist on being called Victoria and Albert.

I really felt it was an unjustified silliness not worthy of the place so it's a lot nicer now they're actual people with actual proper names.

It's a complete oasis really with a very different feel to any other dining on site.

5. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

:lol:Wendy, knowing Chris like I do the DON'T do French Fries there.:lol::lol:

6. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

I'm not fussy like Keith. :taunt:

But, based on my experience there, I'm sure that V&A would do everything they possibly could to make sure Chris and you both had a delightful meal and a wonderful experience.

In my personal opinion, I've never enjoyed a meal anywhere as much as I enjoyed V&A. My DW and I celebrated our anniversary there several years ago and it was truly a memorable occasion! :thumbsup:

Tom :)macwave:... and I still have the menus!)

7. Tom Morrow

Tom Morrow Imagineer

Where is this restaurant please? Does anyone know the approximate costs?

8. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

This is located in the Grand Floridian hotel. It's Prix Fixe. Prices begin at $125 per guest with wine pairings beginning at $60 per guest.

And in my opinion, it's worth every penny. :yes:

Tom :)macwave:... took 2 1/2 hours to have our dinner there!)

9. keith

me? picky? NEVER! :tongue:

Yeah it's an experience for sure. Takes us a good three hours for the full sitting and yet I've never felt like it took a long time which is strange. The time just flies.

I did feel a bit ill one time when we'd ordered wine pairings, DW decided she didnt want hers and then we'd been gifted a bottle of champagne as well. I had a "well the wine pairings won't amount to much" thought which was very very inaccurate :lol:

10. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

As has been said Wendy, they will go out of their way to ensure that your DH won`t go hungry!
    You MUST give it a try. :thumbsup:[It`s just a shame that we won`t be there at the same time as you or we could join you...I`d ask for a burger, and Chris could ask for fries! :lol:]