1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

wouldnt go there again?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by wishonastar, May 22, 2011.

1. wishonastar

wishonastar Imagineer

Are there any restaurants or eating places you wouldnt go back to in disney and orlando? Dish the dirt please :D

2. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I'd never eat at a Ponderosa again :thumbsdown: we used to eat there quite a bit when we first started going on holiday - I wouldn't touch one now. It's the same with Golden Coral, there was a nice one of the 192 just down from Old Lake Wilson Road. We had a not very nice meal and it seemed to have got dirtier.

We've been quite lucky really, a lot of the places we go have been recommended to us :)

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Keep in mind that I've been around forever, and used to dine at WDW restaurants at least monthly if not more often.

The advent and continuation of the Disney dining plan has ruined the dining experience for us. We can no longer simply decide to dine at a given restaurant, we now need an ADR for any full service restaurant. Also, the service and food quality has fallen off sharply. All that to say, we are no longer as enamored of Disney dining as we used to be.

We'll not be returning to California Grill, or Narcoosee's.

Off site, we used to like Season's 52 but no longer go there. It too fell off sharply in food quality, and atmosphere. Same for Too Jay's Deli. Used to recommend it always and no longer. Food quality has declined.

All in all, we dine off site any more, and have had many a lovely meal. For a good basic steak we head to Long Horn. For something more elaborate we head to Ruth's Chris, although Charley's Steakhouse is very popular too.

Hope that helps a bit.

4. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

I would never go to California Grill again - our server ruined that experience for us!
    We are going back to The Rose and Crown for the first time this year in 15 years, again we had a bad server experience in 1996 and haven't been back since, I'm thinking she has probably left by now! :lol:

I wouldn't go to Sizzler or Ponderosa again, Ponderosa we did once years ago and that was a no-return from that day! Sizzler we used to go to a lot on the first couple of trips and we went again a few years ago and it was awful - not sure if our expectations are higher now or if it had gone dramatically downhill in 10 years or so!

5. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

Would never go back to the Morroccan restaurant in Epcot ( sorry can't remember what it's called)

Wouldn't ever go to Ponderosa or Wendy's ever again either

Sandra

6. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

The Moroccan Restaurant is called Marrakesh. What did you not like about it Sandra as we've always found not only it, but also the Tangierine Cafe outside to be quite delightful? When we took our first set of granddaughters to WDW we ate at Marrakesh and they enjoyed getting up with the belly dancer. They ordered Kebabs, the first for either of them, and started eating them right off of the stick.

7. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

There was a hair in my food John and they virtually accussed me of putting it there myself :nono: I was really upset.

Sandra

8. uscwest

Oh Yuck, sorry to hear about that.

9. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

California Grill, thought they were really snooty, I wasn't feeling well during the meal and they virtually accused us of trying to avoid paying the bill! Wasn't impressed by the food either

10. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

le cellier at epcot we were so looking forward to our meal having read rave reveiws but it was awful meals arriving after others arrived side order arrived after meal it was awful never again :sorry:

11. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Agree with Wendy about Ponderosa - it was great the first time I tried it but now I think it's a yucky place. :sorry:

Shame about Marrakesh Sandra as that is one of my best. I however, would have to be dragged kicking and screaming back into the Sci Fi Diner.

Have to also say that after the last experience at 50s Prime Time I won't consider going back there again either. Dining plan has ruined that place - no time for fun now, it's all serve, serve, collect tip, serve.

12. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

Will not go back to Mama Melrose. The service was rude and the food was of poor quality. We would have been better off going to Pizza Planet or ABC Commissary.

From all the posts above I am glad we canceled our ADR at California Grill for next month especially at those prices!!

13. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

:thumbsdown: Poderosa is just gross! We've had several meals that we didn't enjoy in Disney for different reasons not just food but we would probably try them again to make sure. The service at Mama Melrose twice was bad, I thought the food was really over salty at Le Cellier ( and I love salt!) We usually don't eat outside Disney because we have so many of the places at home.

14. Wendy

After replying to another thread, I've remembered Crystal Palace at MK.

We had a terrible meal, the characters could care less, Pooh left Liv in tears - she saw Pooh and jumped out of her seat to go to him ( he was approaching our table, so we were obviously next) and he pointed at her seat, basically telling her to sit down :( He posed for photos with her older sisters and then patted her on the head and stood behind for a photo - I was gutted for her :(

The food was not up to previous standard either and Chris ended up with food poisoning - so we would never go back there again.

15. uscwest

We jokingly refer to Ponderosa as Ponder Gross Out.

16. Wendy

:lol: oh but its so true :lol: