1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

WS shows

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by foreverducky, Jul 16, 2008.

1. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I've been to WDW probably 5 times and still have only been to Maelstrom and the boat ride in Mexico. And I was thinking of making a point to catch all the shows/movies at the countries, but was curious at to which are sit down. I thought France was, but I'm not sure. Anyone know for sure?

2. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

France is sit down. France also has the street performers outside. They are fun.

Canada has a new circle vision show with Martin Short hosting it. It's cute and very beautiful. There aren't any seats but you could sit on the floor. China is the same way (without Martin Short hosting it)

The Beatles in England are also fun. They play different songs throughout the day. There are a couple of benches, but mostly the street & sidewalk.

You MUST see Off Kilter in Canada!! Oh my are they awesome! There are a couple of bench seats and there is the ground. Or you could just stand and dance.

The US thingie has seats. American Vybe I think has changed their name.....and I think they play somewhere else now. But, they are awesome. All acapella.

There isn't anything in Germany or Italy. I miss the living statues :(

Japan has the candy lady. I LOVE her.

Have I missed anything???

3. foreverducky

Thanks, I have seen some of the live folks. They're fantastic, especially Off Kilter and the living statues. I miss the masquerade at Italy.

It's been mostly the movies that I haven't seen. I thought I would figure when I needed to sit and when I was okay to stand. Especially given all the walking and heat. :D

4. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

A GREAT place for a nap at Epcot is during Ellen's Universe of Energy. I managed to stay awake during the whole thing in February!

5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

There is music in Germany, but during the hotter months they keep it indoors. :yes: Italy has performers too. They "rove" about the WS. There is sometimes another comedic performer there too.

You aren't supposed to sit on the floor in the Canada or China movies. They are afraid someone will trip in the dark. I've seen CMs tell people sitting on the floor to get up.

You know who I haven't seen in a long time? The Krystos. Have they left for good? :(

Living Statues are now at Cypress Gardens. :yes:

6. foreverducky

I know that it's going to be super hot and likely very crowded so I thought about taking my time and REALLY enjoying all the countries (like I really want to).

7. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Yes, the WS is my favorite place. See? I can choose favorites once in awhile! :D

Explore each country and try to speak with at least one native CM at each. They are usually quite happy to talk about their country with you. :yes: Look past all the merchandising. :sigh; Don't miss the little museum in Japan. It's not the greatest thing in the world, but is one of those places that folks sometimes don't know about.