1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

yachtsmans steakhouse or shulas?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by goofygal, Oct 14, 2008.

1. goofygal

goofygal Imagineer

I think they're both kinda expensive so we'll probably only do one, which one would you recommend?

2. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

I`ve never had dinner at Shula`s so I can`t offer any views here but I would certainly recommend the YSH. The service and the location of the place, by the boardwalk, is perfect and an ideal location if you want to view Illuminations either before or after dinner.

3. piglet

piglet Serious Forum Regular

I can only agree with Slowhand. IMHO Yachtsman is the best restaurant on Disney (although never tried V&A). I love the relaxing but professional service, I love the steaks and the layout of the tables, but more than anything I love the rolls and roasted garlic that comes round before you even start on the meal :p015:

4. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

hmmm hmmm hmmmm ARgh I dont know :lol: useful huh?

There's a certain something to both places, a good upmarket feel.

Shulas is very dark to the point where last time they had to use a flashlight so we could read the menu on the football. Service wise they have that unbelievably good style where your water is constantly refilled and you dont even notice. The food has always been completely spot on although the portions tend to be too large for my personal liking. We ordered a dessert there once and it would have been enough for six people never mind two

YSH is a bit more disney in my opinion. It's excellent although there are a couple of less good servers again in my opinion. We've had 75% fantastic meals with fantastic servers and 25% less good meals and less good servers. They also keep ditching the things we like :lol: they've removed my bourbon steak :(

Which would I go for if I could only do one.. hmmmm. There's more choice at YSH and when it's good its really excellent so I guess I'd go for that unless someone in the party is really into american football or truly huge steaks in which case shulas will have the edge