1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Yearning for a younger Disney World

Discussion in 'General' started by DisneyFreak, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Oreo

Oreo Addicted to Mickey

Just think of the generations that grew up with star wars.

There's my generation with the new movies and older generation with the old movies. With more to come it's the ideal time.

Aparently Star Wars land is going to wait until the new film is out, so they know whether to base it on the new films or the old ones.

2. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

I think initial prep on StarWars Land is going to begin in the spring. Disney is going to begin blocking off areas of DHS once they shut down Idol, Indiana Jones and the Echo Lake area.

3. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Still, never having seen the movie, I'm reserving judgement on Avatar.

4. Oreo

Oreo Addicted to Mickey

According to Jim Hill Indiana Jones won't be going anywhere for sometime.

They have it booked out for at least three years to groups who use it for conferences and also things like prep rally's (is that the right term? lol).

I was listening to his podcast (and I know he isn't always right) but he suggested that it's more likely that indiana Jones will get a referb rather than be shut completely.

5. Oreo

Oreo Addicted to Mickey

I've not seen the movie. But the information that has come out from Disney about the new land does not excite me one bit. I sence that I am not alone in that view but it seems Disney are sticking with it.

6. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

Okaaaaay maybe we won't be going after all ! ;) :lol:

For us the biggest pain has been the ADRs and the eating - we loved park hopping and seeing where the wind took us , plus the unplannable events like park fatigue ie. We go in on the Tuesday as 'EPCOT' day but after 5 minutes decide that actually a day doing nothing would be far better - now if we had ADRs and it was our only EPCOT ADRs we may be forced/tempted to stay when we really didn't want to.

IMO it all went wrong when they introduced the dining plan - that was also the point at which the quality of the food started to spiral downwards.

keith and Oreo like this.