1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Yesterdays Non Disney Trip

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by SleepinCatz, Jul 16, 2008.

1. SleepinCatz

SleepinCatz Fluffeh Disney Fan

Cast of characters:

Mikie: Catz aka Me lol...trip planner,OCD when it comes to WDW trip details lol:tongue0011-1: and sufferer of "leadfootiusforgetiushascruisecontrols".Only allowed to do in town driving lol.

Steve: DH...driver of long trips, loader of suit cases, baker of yummies that keep me fluffy:gy:

Dave: DS aka Ferrit: helper of Loader of van, wrangler of Domino, player of gameboy.

and last but not least...

Domino: Dog aka Vibrating Lad Dog of Wonder! Wrangler of David, all around great little dog:doggy1:

The day started out right on schedule...Up, dressed, and out the door before 8am. Stopped for Breakfast and gas heading out of Denham by 8:20am. :yes:

Nothing big or esciting...beautiful scenery....nice smooth trip. We made our usual 2 potty stops for Domino...pulled out of the second one, which is the Mississippi welcome center.....got almost to the Magnolia exit and flappa flappa flappa..wtf??? We decide to pull off to the shoulder of the road...right when all 4 tires were on the should *BANG*:mad:stupid tire blew out!!!

Called Triple A.....what road are you on? Great...I drive this drive 500 times a year easy...do I know what road I'm on? NO...Do I have the Garmin my loving DH got in line for at 2am on Black Friday to get for a ridiculas price? NO:censored::wall1:After firing up the other 2 cell phones we find a family memebr that can tell me what road we are on:slap:....We can't find the spare tire.....where the :signs091: do they put the spare tire on this thing??? We looked under the van...nope....we looked in the back of the van near where we stumbled on the jack andtire iron...Nope. I know at this point you are wondering why I didn't look in the owners manuel....There is no owners manuel....this I found out while searching the van for the :signs091: tire! Triple A calls the dealer I bought it from....A tech comes on finds out the make and model and then looks it up....It's between the passenger captains chairs...ok...cool deal...Thanks to both we will take it from here. ( triple a said 2 to 3 hrs before they could dispatch some one...did I mention it was HOT?) Hung up with both and proceeded to move everything out of the way to find the spare....hmmmmm nothing there...no way to move the carpet....no sign of anything....the air is now blue...trust me I know how to make the air blue.....my hand slipped into the foot well and I noticed I heard velcro...Eh??? The highway has been very busy btw....can't go round to the driver side too many trucks going by. Dave gets volunteered to reach across amd move his Dads seat up as far as it will go....once out of my way I do the same to my own seat. Dave leans in and Moves the carpet up...I grap hold and helifts the compartment for the tire...it's between the captains chairs in the front:dozey: Now what complete freakin psycho puts the dang spare between the front seats???????? :gy:

Steve puts the jack in the right place and proceeds to jack up the car...Now let me take a moment to explain something about my Wonderful, Talented Loveing husband.....Mr Fix it he ain't....Had no clue that there is a difference between a hammer and screwdriver before we met. He Cooks like a dream...look at me...I didn't get this round cause he can't cook! He draws paints crafts and food is his thing.....me not so much lol. I paint, crochet and do some cooking....but I'm the mechanic...grew up with a licensed mechanic for both Grabdfathers...and both beilieved that every woman should know how to work on her own car. Now back to jacking up the van....it rolls forward...grrr, I forgot to remind him to put on the parking brake! That silly excuse for a jack that came with the van folded in half:angry-smiley-053:deep breath:dozey: Call Dad....Dad is now on his way YAY!!!:hug2:

Meanwhile....Steve is down the hill in the tree line in the shade, Dave, Dom and myself are hanging out next to the van. Thank goodness we brought the big cooler! We had plenty of cold bottled water in the cooler...so even little Dom got to cool off.....he was one hot little doggy. So Picture it you will....My fluffy rear parked ont he cooler with a purple umbrella to shae me from the sun...Dave stays close to the door of the van to keep an eye on Dom with a black umbrella to give him shade. Much water drinking...which is bad thing when you think about it...no pottys and no place to hide....greaaaattttt.

Mom and Dad drive up...Dad brings out the 3/4 ton jack...now we're talking!!!! Parking break on...jack in place...busted tireoff and new tire on....I load up with Mom and Dad and off both vans go.

1st stop a gas station to air the spare up a little...then off to the tire place to get a new hoof for the van. Dad drops me off with Steve and they take Dave and Dom with them home. Not too long later and $103.00 lighter we are now heading to my Parents for the rest of the day. Now had we not had a flat we would have been there about 11:30 maybe 12...but with the flat it was 1 almost 1:30 when we arrived...still not bad on the time.

Yesterday was my brothers last day home before having to go Off shore again...so Hes was BBQing while we were all tied up with the tire lol...so food was waiting when we walked in the door. After a quick but yummy lunch the wii was fired up :vgame:and the trash talking began lol.

We played Baseball...where I found out quickly what my brother meant by there's not much room in my parents living room....I pitched he swung and *BAM* I've been hit!!!! Shenanigans!!!!FOUL!!!!:lol: Just for that I pitched while he was laughing...yeah...how ya like me now????eh bro??? Strike out!!!:tongue0011-1: We also go into Golf, Tennis and Bowling....yes yes...much trash talkin and much fun lololol We will be getting a wii...oh yes...you wait my brother....get better I will...then we rematch!!!

We played for hours....but we had to come home as Steve had to work the next day....we all said our farewells...got some fresh produce from both Mom's garend and Scotts and off we went. The ride home was uneventful...but looonnnggg. we were all wiped out from playing on the wii!

After baths were taken( remember we were stuck on the side of the road for awhile in 90degree temps...all together now...ewwwwwwwwwwww) and clothes washed....we ate dinner and all hit the beds....Even poor ole Dom was out fo the count in no time lol.

Thie morning we are all stiff. We all took excederin back and body formula before going to bed lol...so no pain...but verrrryyyy stiff lol:lol:

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Goodness! That's some day! :eek: I'm not sure you could have packed another event into it!

Don't you just go bonkers with these new cars and the weird way they are built? Took me forever one time to figure out how to get the gas tank door open. :lol:

Then there is the time I didn't know why the (rental, new) car wouldn't start. Had to have my foot on the brake. :sigh;

Hope your aches go away soon!

3. SleepinCatz

:lol: yeah it was a pretty full day

4. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Sounds like you had a good time though!

5. SleepinCatz

Yes we did! Besides the bad bits the rest was a blast!!!