1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Yippee, I decided to change my ressies....

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by BigThunder, Dec 11, 2009.

1. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

....and instead of Beach Club Villas the entire 11 day trip we are going to spend the first 4 nights at Boardwalk Villas!!! I was torn on what to do because the family has never been crazy about BWV but loves BCV but on the other hand I have wanted to try BW since about 2002. So I decided to go for it but then feared they would have no vacancy. But they did & now I'm so excited!! I got the mid line 'preferred view' which is either a pool or garden view. Anyone know if I should request one over the other? Is a pool view really noisy? All I knew is I did not want a Boardwalk view, tho I think it would be lovely, it would also be very noisy.

2. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

We have never stayed at either BWV or BCV however if the pool is used late into the night like the one at the GF then it can get a bit noisy so we always avoid a pool view room for this reason.
    When you think about it you don`t spend a lot of time in your room, and when you are in the room, all you need is a good nights sleep, which is more likely to be achieved with a garden view IMHO.

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

The Boardwalk Inn/Villas is noisy overall, so absolutely go with the garden view. It will be your only chance at peace and quiet. Hope for quiet neighbors and all should be well.

4. mrtoffee

mrtoffee Earning my ears

Garden view sound the best plan to me two, mind i haven't stayed at bwv :unsure:

5. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Haven't stayed at the BV so I'll defer to those who have...but I *did* want to say :awesome: for finally getting to do something you've been wanting to do for so long!

6. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

Thanks everyone, I'm really excited. But now a little worried about 'neighbors' :unsure:. Are you saying the walls are thin Tink? Because that can really be bad when trying to sleep.

I just noticed in the DVC book that preferred view/BW view is one & the same & there were only 2 options. The person when I changed my reservation told me there were 3 tiers. so now I'm actually concerned I may get a BW view when I don't want one. I think I need to call & add a request for a garden view. If not for the noise, I bet a BW view would be beautiful tho.

I'm really anxious to check out the Boardwalk in the evening, we never have! Only during the day. I like it because it's relatively quiet & relaxing & a nice break from the crowds.

7. Tink

Boardwalk comes alive in the evening. It really is a nice little place to visit for a couple of hours. :yes: There is music (live) sometimes (a rolling piano player, or the sax group, or sometimes if you are really lucky the dixie land jazz trio!!!) and there are some live acts. All are a little silly and corny, but good fun. Sometimes for the Christmas season they have a holiday special event with DJ and the like.

Don't forget the Merry Member Mixer on Thursdays between 3-5 pm at the IG!!! They are fun to attend too. We are going to try and get to one this year, but it's looking like we'll only have Christmas Eve to do it on! :eek: Then again we may have "our guys" with us and that could be fun. :D :D

Ummm... let's not worry about the BWV/I anymore, ok? I don't have the best opinion of the place and that is totally not fair. You go and expect the best from it and you will have a great time!

The lobby is decorated so nice and they have a wicked display there (not going to spoil it). :yes:

Have a wonderful time for your first visit!

8. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

Oh don't think that you are ruining it for me Tink, you are just giving your honest opinion. I realize that my experience & yours may be totally different, sometimes it's just circumstances that make the difference. I've hated places at WDW that others have loved so don't fret, I understand.

The lobby has a display in July? Now I'm curious. I've visited BW many times & I love just walking around the resort, inside & out. And I'm weird because I love the freaky clown slide, lol. I prefer slides that aren't enclosed, so I'm sure that's why ;)

9. Tink

Oh duh. I thought you were going now. :sorry: They have a wicked Christmas display, that's what I was talking about. :sorry:

However, they do have some neat things in their lobby. It's a smallish sort of lobby and set up a bit oddly, but it's quite pretty if that makes any sense?

Be sure to walk toward the lounge/bar area and beyond as if you were going out the set of exit doors that are at the end of that hall (with the Bellvue Lounge on your left). The view from there is SO pretty!!! It's a hidden little area they call the cottages. :yes:

10. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

I wish I were going now! I'm just chompin' at the bits to go at Christmas again but it will be a few years before we can do that. But I have seen the adorable display made out of candy & chocolate I believe. Has a ferris wheel with a Santa on it! so cute.

I love the lobby there! yes it is smaller than most but I like how it's decorated. There are a couple of small child sized chairs near the fireplace that are....well, creepy in a way, lol, but we always would get our kids pics taken in these seats. They have outgrown them now, lol.

I can remember walking around the bar/lounge area & down a hallway that has the penny arcade machines & a nice view. And I'm thinking near the bar there are steps that go down & then some doors that exit to the back side where you can walk out to the boardwalk area. Oh! & I love the seating area up above that where they have the 'converstation' benches...ithink that's what they used to call them, where one faces one way & the other faces opposite so you can see each other.

I seriously hope to be in sooo much better shape that we can do the bicycles too. We've only ever done it once & the kids were so little they road in the baskets on the front if that tells you how long it's been!! :D

I'm so excited!!:flowerbounce:

11. Tink

You are going down the main staircase in your scenario. Walk past the staircase with the lounge on your left and head directly toward a set of double doors (there will be elevators to the left). Walk out those doors. It's a self contained area. So nice!

I know the chairs you mean! They are odd! LOL. We always got a kick out of the oversized couch in the entry. :lol:

12. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

I hope I remember to look for this come July. This isn't the area with the penny machines tho, right? I love finding odd little areas like this:) Like at BC if you go past the gift shop on the right is that tiny outdoor courtyard. I love to out there & sit even if it's just for a few minutes.