1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

You favourite disney resort and why?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by MKjake, Jul 5, 2009.

1. MKjake

MKjake Earning my ears

ok everyone, if you could stay at any disney resort which one would you pick and why?

I know everyone could say the grand floridian but I just love all star movies for the excitement and atmosphere :yes:

I may split the stay with the grand floridian main building concierge though :lol:
  2. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I love the Wilderness Lodge. :yes: I love the themeing. I stayed there last year and it was everything that I had hoped it would be. (however, they could use a better food court).
  3. Disfan

Disfan Forum Sponsor

polynesian for me it just looks so calm
  4. *Bambi-Belle*

*Bambi-Belle* Imagineer

We love The Wilderness Lodge too, as it suits us down to the ground, however as I’ve not stayed at all the resorts I don’t know if any others would be better. I would love to stay at the Beach club one day. I think it will suit me and DH as we love Epcot and DHS. My kids are still at the stage of loving the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Magic</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">Kingdom</st1:placeType></st1:place>, so it’s nicer to be closer to there. I also love the look of the Port Orleans resorts. We booked the French quarter once but ended up back at the Wilderness lol. I think if we weren’t doing the Wilderness we would do the French Quarter or the Animal Kingdom. The mono rail resorts always look so busy to me.
    My youngest loves the look of the Pop century resort, but now that the kids are older, I’m not sure the rooms would be big enough. I wish we had stayed there when the kids were little and not off site.

I’m not a huge fan of the Gran Floridian though. It’s a bit too chintzy for me.
  5. Keith

Keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Wow a lot of Wilderness lodge fans here :yes:

Me too! We first stayed at the wilderness lodge when we got married at the Wedding pavilion at Christmas time :yes: so it always has a special meaning to us.

That aside though, the peacefullness, the great all in one hotel, the boat across to the magic kingdom all help make this a GREAT resort.

I do wish the food court was considerably better but we don't use it much so we're ok.

Other than that, I love the Contemporary MK view tower rooms. It's great to lie in bed falling asleep watching the castle change colours
  6. daftaboutdisney

daftaboutdisney Earning my ears

pop century because its new, really close to epcot and mgm, cheap so we can spend our money on other things and really nice
  7. wdwgrandma

wdwgrandma Addicted to Mickey

AKL! I love the theming of this resort. Next would be the Polynesian.
  8. firenice

firenice Earning my ears

My father used to take me as a child and we stayed at Contemporary. So this is my favorite childhood memory of resorts. I'm really excited that we're going to French Quarter, but I think that, even though I haven't had opportunity to check it out yet, I would pick Beach Club as my ultimate favorite. Location to Boardwalk, Epcot, DHS and pool sounds irresistible :)
  9. piglet

piglet Addicted to Mickey

Beach Club for me. I love the laid back feel of this resort. Cape May for buffet meals and also character breakfasts. Yachtsman Steakhouse for the best steaks I've ever had. Stormalong Bay, surely the best pool in all of Disney resorts, the proximity of HS and Epcot and lastly the evening stroll round the Boardwalk and watching the entertainment
  10. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

cant answer that as ive only been to the boardwalk for a couple of ours one evening.. looked superb tho
  11. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

The Polynesian! :yes:

I just have so many wonderful memories there and IMO is the best themed resort and one of the two originals. Heck, I was staying there when it was still called The Polynesian Village.
  12. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

so Far... AKL.... the place is AMAZING, the theming is great, the lobby is spectacular, the cast members are from so many different countries, the gift shop has incredible African stuff.... and... waking up to giraffes and zebras is something I will never forget!