1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

your must do rides/shows at each park?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by disney1sttimer, Jul 2, 2010.

1. disney1sttimer

disney1sttimer Earning my ears

I'm not sure how much time we'll have to do all the parks so Im after finding out what rides you'd recommend that we must definitely do in each park so I can plan them first :wiggle:

2. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    it is difficultto tell you what rides to do because there so many great ones the ones not to be missed are tower of terror-test track-soaring and night time shows like fantasmic

3. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

Ach its a very personal thing, I would get a guide like Birnbaums or watcha few planning DVD's and sit around with the family and pick what you think you'd most like to do in each park then make sure you do those above all else.

Its an intesly personal thing and not everyone in the family wil like the same thing - but there IS something for everyone in Disneyworld

our personal preerences are usually based on happy memories or circumstances, yours will be entirely unique to you.

It may sound soppy but its all good , Disney pays such careful attention to each little detail that I get as much pleasure from the queueing area in a lot of plaes than I do from the rides or the shows

I know this sounds like a cop out but its such a hard thing to answer

4. Skywatcher

...apart from the fireworks at each park, noone can fail to be awed by thoe :wiggle:

5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Yes, very personal! I can honestly say that they really all do have something to amuse and entertain everyone, even if you end up NOT going on the attraction.

Tower of Terror at Disney Hollywood Studios comes to mind. I won't go on the ride sequence (again :eek: ) but the queue area really is amazing and well worth going through!

But anyway, to give your question a go...

At MK:

We love (ok, I love :D ) Splash Mountain!!! Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is great too and about the only coaster I'll go on. :yes:

I have beautiful memories of a little guy and I on Dumbo, so that's a fave. So is Small World for much the same reason. Mickey's Philharmagic is great (albeit WAY too loud) and so is the train ride around the perimeter of the park. :yes:

We also like Goofy's Barnstormer for little ones (but be sure to put your arm around them and hold them close as they can bang their heads if they are too short) as well as the car track.

The People Mover (sorry, that's what is stuck in my brain) is a must do... it's just one of those things! Carousel of Progress is another. Old fashioned, but detailed enough to hold your attention.

Buzz Lightyear is fun, but we don't queue long for it.

And of COURSE Pirates of the Caribbean. :yes:

Those are our highlights. We also try to watch whichever fireworks show is on at the time. Right now it's Nightastic and boy is it GREAT!!! We love MSEP parade too, and if we are in the vicinity we try to catch the little Elecric Light Parade on the bay (from outside the park, you can't see if from the inside).

EPCOT:
    The World Show Case is where you'll find us. :yes: We love the countries, regardless of lack of "rides" although we do like Norway's Maelstrom.

Test Track is good fun, as is Mission Space (we like the original version best) and Soarin'. Our all time favorite is Spaceship Earth. I guess just because it's there and has been "forever." We like the Land too, although I wish they'd liven it up a bit.

Disney Hollywood Studios: This is our least favorite park, and we usually only go on the Great Movie Ride and Star Tours. There are several shows here, and the new Toy Story attraction which is really nice. We like One Man's Dream, but that is reportedly going away. :(

Animal Kingdom: We go here for the details. Seriously. It's our second favorite park (EPCOT is the first) and you need to take it very slowly and look at EVERYTHING to get the true value of this park. We love the animal habitats and our favorite "attraction" is the Pangani Forest Trail where you'll find the gorillas.

We like the Safari too. It's a little hokey, but fun for all that. I didn't care for Everest, too rough for me, and same for Dinosaur. Other's love them though, so don't go by just me.

We don't often go to Dinoland as it's too hard to keep track of an active little one in the Boneyard, and you can hardly tell the child no, can you?

Nemo is a nice show and so is the Lion King. :yes:

So! That's our highlights of given parks. We like DTD for browsing, and the boardwalk for a stroll of an evening.

At the holidays we like to tour the resorts and see all the beautiful decorations and gingerbread creations...

Disney has so much to do and see that it's impossible to explain them all at one go. I know the minute I hit "post" on this reply I'll think of things that I've not included!

Hope that helps a bit?

6. Skywatcher

So in short - everything :lol:

7. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Well, we don't much go to the shows at DHS! :lol:

We don't do the high energy attractions like Rock n' Roller coaster either. :D

8. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

MK- Splash Mountain,Space Mountain,Haunted Mansion,Pirates of the Carribean,Wishes

EPCOT- Soarin,Test Track,Mission Space,Soarin again, Margaritas at the Mexican Pavillion and Illuminations

Hollywood Studios-Tower of Terror,Rock and Roller Coaster,Toy Story Mania,Fantasmic

Animal Kingdom- Kali River Rapids,Expedition Everest,The Safari,Lion King Show,Finding Nemo Show

Although I always try to accomplish as much as possible the above are my must do rides and shows.

9. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

For us, it's the shows and parades that make the holiday ....

Magic Kingdom - Wishes, Celebrate A Dream Come True Parade, Haunted Mansion

Animal Kingdom - Lion King Show, Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade, Kilimanjaro Safari Ride

Epcot - Off Kilter, British Invasion, Soarin', Illuminations

Disney's Hollywood Studios - Fantasmic, Beauty & The Beast, Lights Motors Action, Block Party Bash

Universal Studios - Beetlejuice, Blues Brothers, Men In Black

SeaWorld - Blue Horizons, Believe, Clyde & Seamore

10. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

Soarin at Epcot is an absolute must . Show ~ Turtle Talk with Crush, Illuminations
    Expedition Everest at Animal Kingdom . Show ~ The Lion King
    Magic Kingdom ~ Splash Muntain , SpectroMagic Parade & Wishes
    Disney's Hollywood Studios ~ Toy Story Mania, Rock n Rollar Coaster , Shows Beauty & The Beast, Fantasmic Both must sees