1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Your top 14 disney restaurants

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by buzzchamp, Feb 23, 2011.

1. buzzchamp

buzzchamp Imagineer

OK, so lets just say you're at the world for 14night and you have the deluxe dining plan so you have to choose 14 table service restaurants. 2credit ones are ok as well

Where would you eat each night?

2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Good grief. OK, in no particular order except the one I have listed first, which I think might be covered under the Deluxe plan and if not I'll try to add a 15th.

1. Victoria & Albert's
    2. Jiko
    3. Citrico's
    4. Flying Fish
    5. California Grill
    6. Yachtsman Steak House
    7. 50's Prime Time
    8. Boma
    9. Kouzzina
    10. Bistro de Paris
    11. Biergarten
    12. Portobello Yacht Club
    13. Sanaa
    14. Artist Point
    15. Brown Derby

Places I haven't yet tried but would like to: Blue Zoo, Wolfgang Pucks (Upstairs), Tutto Italia, Cape May, The Wave, Maya Grill, Shula's, Il Mulino

Hopefully this will give you great idea.

3. JStrickPhoto

JStrickPhoto Imagineer

I've always had a great dining experience and exceptional food at Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge and the Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht Club Resort.

This past visit, we FINALLY dined at Le Cellier Steakhouse in Canada at EPCOT. Some of the best steaks I've ever had. Get the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup!

Not sure I could plan all 14-days! I'm sure there'd be some duplication but at the same time, I'd want to try new places.

Still need to try the Flying Fish Cafe.

4. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

That`s my situation also. I`m struggling to list 14 restaurants as we have several favourite places that have already been listed by others and we tend to visit some of them more than once on each trip.
    We also dine off site a lot also which is a darned site less expensive!

5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

14 days of full service? :eek: You are intending to bring elastic waistbanded clothing, yes? ;)

Lessee...
    1 Bistro (in France)
    2 Cape May (Beachclub)
    3 Yachtsman's Steakhouse (Yachclub)
    4 Artist Point (Wilderness Lodge)
    5 Marrakesh (Morocco)
    6 Jiko (AKL)
    7 Rose and Crown (UK)
    8 Japan (would try one of the three... not sure which)
    9 The new restaurant in Mexico (Cantina, full service side)

I'd save the last for to repeat my favorites. :yes: Or I might throw in Boma, depending on my mood. :D (Then save the last three for repeats of my favorites). :yes:

6. JStrickPhoto

JStrickPhoto Imagineer

And THAT is the worst part of the dining plan - the free dessert with every meal :)

Actually, I love the dining plans convenience. I dislike the fact you now have to make reservations EVERYWHERE long before your visit. Since everyone is doing Disney vacation packages with the "magic your way", all table-service restaurants tend to be quite close to capacity.

It's tough making a reservation so far out in advance as you don't really know what your true plans are.

The dining plan also takes out a bit of spontaneity out of your vacation. You just can't decide, "let's go eat here" as you may be at a park that day or just staying in. We found that we almost have to plan our day around where we're going to eat. In some cases that is alright, but on park days, you can really lose a lot of your day as you "can't go on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad because our reservation is in 40 minutes and the line says 30 minutes!"

7. Dizneyblonde

Dizneyblonde Secret's Birthday Fairy!

We will have 14 days dining to plan for next year and we have been looking this afternoon.