Be Our Guest

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plan' started by Isafari, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Isafari

Isafari Moderator Staff Member Moderator

We tried BoG a couple of years back for dinner and have no interest in trying this again as the food was, in our opinion...terrible

we have however been for the lunch menu and the food was nice. I have booked again for lunch this summer and I have two questions....

do you always get your starter and main course served at the same time? We had the soup last time and although it was tasty, our main corse was sitting there getting cold while we ate the soup.

and, I have heard that you can preorder your meal, how do you do this if you already made an ADR online?

2. keith

keith Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Home Page:
    no BUT if you want to be sure, you need to tell them you want a pause between the starter and the main. As you know, we had a very different experience and liked the food BUT we've ALWAYS found ourselves aware of their wish to get us in/out as soon as possible. I'm not saying they pushed us, but they were very efficient shall we say.

The main course at the same time as starter is simply not a UK thing and if they try that ANYWHERE I'll send back the main (but of course often then it's just kept luke warm until it's re-served :(

So, tell them up front.

must admit I dont know on that one since we don't do lunch there

3. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Well-Known Member

Retired NYPD Detective
    Getting my main course while my appetizer is still on the table is a big pet peeve of mine. To combat this don't order your entree until you have your appetizer on the table. A lot of Disney restaurants are about pushing the customer in and out as fast as possible. The truth is I never had a bad meal at BOG for dinner although some have been better than others.

4. uscwest

uscwest Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I agree. We almost always order our appetizer first then order the entree later.

5. Wendy

Wendy Administrator Staff Member Administrator

You can pre-order lunch, if you check your ADR closer to the time it will give you the option to pre-order then :yes:

As for the starter, we never have a starter for lunch but I have noticed that others that have had one and it always seems to be served with their main course. I must admit I did think this was rather silly as the main was getting cold but thought this was the normal thing for lunch :unsure:

6. Vikki

Vikki Well-Known Member

We've had lunch and tea there, and I think the lunch is far better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Isafari

This is for lunch, not dinner right? When we went for dinner, we had the two courses served seperate but everything for lunch came on a trolley together

8. Isafari

We have to order everything together and pay for it before we get into the dining area for lunch

9. Isafari

Thank you

10. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Well-Known Member

Teacher/planetarium director
    Ate there for the first time in January. I thought the food was pretty good. I had the Ahi tuna salad and it was done perfectly. We ate there for lunch and to be honest I don't remember if we got the app at the same time. Think we did though.