Behind the Scenes

Discussion in 'General Disney Chat, Disney Secrets & Tips' started by Isafari, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Isafari

Isafari Moderator Staff Member Moderator

If you could plan your very own behind the scenes tour at any park.....what / where would it be?

2. Mags

Mags Active Member

It would have to be Tower of Terror, my absolutely favourite ride. Mind you, I am not sure how much there would be to see.

Mags

3. keith

keith Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Home Page:
    this just shows you how obsessed I am :lol: but for me, I'd want to see the control room/data centre.. I'd want to talk to the folks behind my disney experience and help them make it work properly ;-), I'd like to see what you can see from the central monitoring station

uscwest likes this.
  4. Mags

Mags Active Member

MDE? I would like to help them make it work too Keith. In fact after my experience on Friday talking to one of the CMs on the phone, I was totally astonished at the abruptness and rudeness on the phone. There was I trying to be engaging and jolly and the CM who just could not be bothered was downright rude. At one stage she said, 'I have no idea what you are talking about'. I almost was in tears. The reason I rang was because I was on 180 days and when I clicked on various restaurants I could not make my reservations. The same thing happened to a friend this morning - so yes Keith, get in there and sort them out!

Mags

keith likes this.
  5. Disneydad

Disneydad Active Member

Bus Driver
    I really hope you left the feedback after to tell Disney about the incident. I know that they really go above in training and expectations of their CM's and would want to know that you were treated poorly.

6. Mags

Mags Active Member

I so wish that I had but I was stupid enough to believe that I was being sent an online survey. It was only after ringing back to rectify a few things that I talked to another wonderful CM. I told her what had happened and she told me that the survey would happen immediately after the call. The one who dealt with me previously simply read off the spiel at the speed of sound (she obviously hated her job) and when the word survey was mentioned I misunderstood. Never before, either on the phone or in the parks, have I encountered such rudeness.

Mags

7. keith

keith Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Home Page:
    To be honest, I've always found Disney phone customer service to be variable. So much so that we have a ritual when we call. We very carefully explain what we need and we assess whether they're caring or careless. It's usually easy to tell in the first minute and if they're careless we just hang up.

We always feel a bit bad but we know from experience that the rubbish ones will book the wrong date, the wrong time, wont check available slots on other days, won't apply discounts etc. so it's not worth the effort.

Last year we waited 40 mins on the phone from UK to US :( and when they answered, we both looked at each other and mouthed "oh cr*p" because we could tell they werent the best but after 40minutes, we had to give it try. So, we spoke very clearly, very slowly, tried to double check everything and yet still, she ended up booking our reservations for THAT DAY!!! yep, the day we phone despite us going through the dates with her. We phoned back to correct and tried to put a complaint in but the nice lady who answered was saying "oh look I'm sure it was an accident the system is a bit like that" so in the end we gave up.

I've run call centres in the past and everyone in the centre knows the ones who dont want to be there.. and I accept that SOMETIMES that's everyone, but usually it's a minority and the only way to stop the rot is to kick em on out of there and let them find their destiny elsewhere.