Bored with Disney dining?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plan' started by Isafari, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Isafari

Isafari Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I have started making our ADRs for this summer trip and finding it difficult to choose so far.
    I have made one for Chefs du France which Dave does still love so....fair enough
    MK....nothing is saying book me. We have tried all of the restaurants and are pretty much at a loss. We have done Tony's so often we are fed up of going there and no other place really appeals to us. In the end I booked CP and on our 2nd trip to MK I will try for Ohana

Next one to book is DHS.....we may just counter service all day

Anyone else ever felt like this? We are not fed up with the Disney Parks....just Disney dining

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  2. keith

keith Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Home Page:
    yeah we got to that stage a couple of years back to be honest. Certainly staying offsite has spoilt us for choice because before that, we were limited to just onsite and any others were an expensive taxi journey.

Now we have the car, it's hard to select a very expensive, hard to book Disney restaurant over some absolutely brilliant offsite ones for less money!

We do like be our guest. I know you didn't have the best experience there but for us the food is good, service ok, nice to have a glass of wine at MK Etc. very hard to book still.

We never really had a good meal at chefs du france (well the upstairs version), le cellier is "ok" but rushed, 9 dragons ok for a quick but not stellar chinese.

California grill, we dont like the new menu or the layout and we suffer hugely from their attitude (we want to say "we'll wait however long for a window table dont care about the fireworks" but they see it as a ploy and are often quite confrontational about it).

citricos, horrible variable.

yachtsmans, we have servers we know there but food wise not as good as offsite.

DW doesnt like CP because the characters get in the way of the meal LOL

soooooo argh ;(

Victoria and alberts is as good as ever if that helps ;-) we love a quick meal at cosmic rays!

3. Isafari

Isafari Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Two reasons why not
    1...I am a VERY fussy eater and don't even drink wine
    2...I cannot justify that price when I could use it to do some out of park activity (you know how we like to do 'other' stuff)

4. uscwest

uscwest Moderator Staff Member Moderator

And I think that is the very reason there are hundreds of different restaurants not only at Disney but off site. If everyone had the exact same tastes it would be no fun at all. We love Disney dining, some places more so than others.

5. keith

Home Page:
    Can't argue with 2, it's a lot of money and if you'd rather go see animals than spend it on a meal then absolutely get that yep!

but 1 is something I hear people say ALL the time and it's not true in the slightest bit.

You don't need to have wine, they have great soft drinks and since we're driving, one of us usually only does soft drinks. Wine isnt included anyway.

In terms of being fussy, if you think you're fussy, it's because you haven't mean for a meal with me ;-) I've never eaten a vegetable and for those who think I'd be dead by now, evidently not :) seriously never. No salad, no vegetable, no pasta, no shell fish.... I like white fish, meat, potatoes :) if it's not around there, chances are I'm not going to eat it.

V&A know it's an expensive meal and one of the amazing things is how willing they are to work with you on your menu. In fact, they learn what you like and what you don't like so your menu changes over time. You may think a very limited fussy diet would mean they wouldnt be able to do anything but so not true :) they're award winning chefs and in my case for example I get all sorts of wonderful white fish in sauces I'd never have thought of, then all sorts of meats.

Honestly, people say this about the fussy eating thing all the time and I was kinda worried before we went the first time ;-), but if you ever get the chance, go!

6. keith

Home Page:
    Which ones do you particularly like usc?

7. uscwest

uscwest Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Keith, we are primarily signature dining but here they go in no particular order except the first two:

V&A, JIKO, California Grill, Citricos, Narcoossees, Artist Point, Yachtsman, Flying Fish (though we haven't tried the new one yet), 50's Prime Time, Brown Derby, Boma, Grand Floridian Cafe, Monsieur Paul, BOG, Tiffins, Yak & Yeti and Hoop Dee Doo. There are some we have scheduled in our upcoming trip that we haven't tried. We'll also be doing 'Ohana (NOT our fave but for a birthday party for someone). We'll be doing CG Sunday Brunch

We really don't consider ourselves picky eaters, me especially. Donna doesn't do fish, shellfish, veal, game, squash, beets, okra or lamb.

8. wdwgrandma

wdwgrandma Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Software tester
    We so seldom go offsite. I can't think of any restaurant that I would want to go to that I can't find right here near home or in the area. And I can't see going to one of those places while in Florida since I can eat there any time.

I am a fussy eater. I'll admit it. Meat, for me, consists of beef (occasionally), pork (if I'm in the mood), and white meat chicken (every now and then). That's pretty much it. Heck, if it wasn't for barbecued ribs and bacon - and the occasional filet mignon - I could easily be a vegetarian. And I rarely eat meat at Disney. I will almost always opt for the vegetarian option.
    I can't stand squash or eggplant or beets. Most other veggies are fine. Well, not okra. John, on the other hand, will eat darned near anything. I'm trying to remember the last time he said he didn't like something! LOL

keith likes this.