Isafari Christmas 2017...day 11...SeaWorld

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World Trip Reports and Itineraries' started by Isafari, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Isafari

Isafari Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Another really cold day today...thermal vest, long sleeve t-shirt and hoodie! Dave has a hot coffee when we get into the park. I don’t drink tea or coffee but try my very first hot chocolate....two sips and I’m done...not for me.
    18345588-D0DF-474B-89B7-4C0B5EFEE057.jpeg
    The flamingos are making a lot of noise and seem to be in their own little clicks.
    1444B0AE-0D9A-48FA-B0D8-73DF3F4346A1.jpeg
    Because of the cold there are only five dolphins out in dolphin bay. We are told that the bring in a special truck that the dolphins can swim into the back and the take them to a warmer area.

The dolphins in the nursery are happy enough chasing each other about and looking to see who is watching them.
    17316093-7D42-4CA0-95AD-C7FD49FB34D1.jpeg
    We check out the pelicans who I love to watch. They are often busy building nests.

Most of the boats on Journey to Atlantis are empty today. We visit the little aquarium at the back of the ride before heading to the outdoor manatee area. We hear that one of the manatee is to be released tomorrow.

The sea lions are extremely active. Probably to keep warm.

We head for Dolphin Days. I know we watched this last week but we love the show and usually watch it or the equivalent each visit. The trainers must have been absolutely freezing.
    388929DF-D0DA-4823-A6E9-E67C2ECB3806.jpeg
    Lunch is our usual noodles and orange chicken for me, shrimp for Dave. Although this time we eat inside. It seems to have warmed up a teeny tiny amount when we come back out.

I chat to A friend who works here at SeaWorld at various times throughout the day. She finishes work at 5pm and is then joining us for the last two hours as the park closes at 7pm tonight...then we plan to go for a meal together at Olive Garden.

Now, last week we didn’t have time to visit Wild Arctic so we haven’t seen Ginger the baby walrus since last summer. She is now with Aku who was rescued from Alaska who is roughly the same age. Awe has a growth on his eye which he had when he was rescued. Staff are doing all they can but it looks like he may loose the eye. They are gorgeous and Ginger is twice the size she was. They swim about for a while and then staff come into the enclosure with what looks like a sleigh and they also start up a snow machine. Ginger is straight in there while Aku is so curious as to where the snow is coming from and investigates this for a while.
    047084DB-8C07-41A7-82D3-6130D66190E4.jpeg

We stay at Wild Arctic for some time, also visiting the Belugas and Ginger’s mum and dad....Garfield and Kaboodle.
    5CEF2D3A-FA52-4D78-B54E-5AAFBE81C47D.jpeg
    36AFD145-6524-4570-82D3-32E4D8E707C9.jpeg
    We just miss the start of the killer whales show, One Ocean. So we slide into a seat as quick as we could, we have only missed a couple of minutes.
    A1127C7C-06DF-4164-8D1C-4D34E7888052.jpeg

13AB9D87-FB6B-422F-AB44-BAA0483ACF00.jpeg
    Time to get Dave a coffee and catch up with our friend. We visit the Christmas market. There is a group playing saxophone es which is my favourite instrument to listen to and, just as we walk up to the, they start playing my favourite Christmas tune....Carol of Bells. We sit by one of the fires and listen to them for a while.
    0DD8EA60-F7ED-4718-8C6F-44622B9FE39B.jpeg
    We then actually go back and watch the full version of One Ocean!

On the way out we go to the dolphin nursery.

WE all go in our hire car to Olive Garden and it is after 10pm when we leave. Time flies as we chat for England. We go back to SeaWorld to drop our friend off who left her car there. It is weird seeing the guest carpark totally empty. And.....we get to visit a couple of areas after hours.

A very late night tonight!

2. keith

keith Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Home Page:
    every time you describe seaworld it makes me realise how little we've done of that park

3. Isafari

Isafari Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Oh, there is so much to do Keith. We have just spent our leaving day there too