Life steps

Discussion in 'Birthdays and Celebrations!' started by Watchinherskip, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Well-Known Member

Teacher/planetarium director
    Some of you may know, my dear daughter Alex got engaged a little while ago. Her then fiance proposed during Wishes! I think I wrote about that special day and the Disney Magic that CMs brought to bear. Just wanted to give you an update (for those who don't frequent our page on FB). Alex and Zach got married in a destination wedding in Washington State. The site she chose was Snoqualmie Falls (yup the same place you may have seen in TV's Twin Peaks). Sally and I were able to attend the blessed day, and then take a week + vacation hitting the Pacific NW national parks and beaches. It was awesome. DD and DSIL honeymooned in the Olympic National Forest area. We are having their reception next week at the museum where I work. I have been putting a special planetarium show with all the images and video taken so the guest will have some insight into their wedding. Thought I would share a few images from the trip.

BTW..the officiant Alex secured was a HUGE Disney fan and former CM.

2. Disneydad

Disneydad Active Member

Bus Driver
    What great pics!!! The setting was incredible-hope they have many happy years to look back and smile on that day.

3. uscwest

uscwest Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Wow Dan. Great photos and great setting. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

4. Watchinherskip

Just wanted to give you all an update. The reception went on Saturday Aug. 4. It was an important date as it was Alex and Zach's anniversary date. They have been dating since 10th grade, all through college. I was really ill that week. I caught some sort of virus and it just about put me down for the count but I had to keep trucking. I had a lot of work to do to get the museum ready. I had to climb ladders to string lights. No small feat with being so ill. I made the planetarium show for them and it went really well if I do say so myself. Of course I had to come in on Sunday morning to help take down the lights. Again not feeling so good. I am finally feeling better. Doc said it was a Parvo virus. Thought only dogs get it but it is a different strain in humans. I wish I could have enjoyed the evening more, felt better, but I was exhausted and stressed hoping all would go well. I did get to dance with my daughter and that was one of the highlights of my life. We danced to Little Miss Magic by Jimmy Buffett. Brings a tear to my eye.

5. uscwest

uscwest Moderator Staff Member Moderator

More great photos Dan. Glad you were able to get through it all despite not feeling up to par.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

6. Disneydad

Disneydad Active Member

Bus Driver
    Sounds like am incredible event and the power of Love that made the day happen for you.

7. Watchinherskip

It was an awesome time. They are closing on their first starter house this month.