October 2012 - Part VIII The Finale

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World Trip Reports and Itineraries' started by uscwest, Oct 23, 2012.

  1. uscwest

    uscwest Moderator Staff Member Moderator

    Jul 26, 2008
    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    Woodbridge, VA
    For our final day we had decided that we would eat breakfast at The Grand Floridian Café. For some reason I had made the ADR for 7:00. After checking with our front desk concierge last night I was able to change that to 9:00. So we arose around 6:30 and started packing. We took quick showers, finished packing, loaded up the car and headed to The Grand Floridian. We were seated immediately. Our server was Jessica. Donna and I started with Grand Mimosas, orange juice, champagne and float of Grand Marnier $9.75. For breakfast Donna ordered Eggs Benedict, with her eggs scrambled, $10.99 while I ordered Lobster Benedict with poached eggs. We split a pot of pressed coffee and I added a glass of skim milk. Our total after utilizing our Tables in Wonderland card was $60. After breakfast we sat in the lobby for a while and then took one last spin on the resort monorail.

    We retrieved our car and headed for Sanford to catch the train. We arrived in Sanford around 11:30 using the 417 to get there, desiring to bypass I-4 on a Saturday. I quickly figured out where I had gone wrong when I left the Amtrak Station last week. As we drive down Fort Street in Sanford, on the way to the station we pass a Church’s Fried Chicken. We decided to get a to-go order of Spicy Fried Chicken and an order of fried Okra to go. We then found our way to the station, got our car number (367) and headed in to collect our boarding passes and dinner seating. We once again got the 7PM seating. We were in car 5213 seats 9 & 10. The train wasn’t quite as crowded as it was coming down, but was still about ¾ full. We left Sanford about ½ hour early. Dinner was vegetable lasagna for the both of us. We later learned that this was Stouffer’s Lasagna, but it is quite tasty. Our trip home was uneventful and we arrived back in Lorton about ½ hour early. They were a bit slow unloading here. There is no rhyme or reason to the numbers they give you when you check your car in. They definitely aren’t in any sequence. Finally a car with number 183 came off, since that was almost half of our car number I just said our number out loud. Lo and behold it was next. Donna said that I should have said our number sooner.

    Departing Lorton we chose to have breakfast at our local Bob Evans if it wasn’t too crowded. We were seated within 10 minutes. Following breakfast we headed for home sweet home, where our cat let us know of her dissatisfaction with our absence. We unpacked and while Donna was doing some laundry we watched some of the shows we had recorded. Dinner tonight was Pizza from our local Pizza Boli’s, a Supreme with extra Jalapenos.

    The trip was great, except for the ride down. Art of Animation is beautiful and very well themed. The new Fantasyland was fantastic and we can’t wait to get back in February for dinner at Be Our Guest.
  2. Wendy

    Wendy Administrator Staff Member Administrator

    Jun 30, 2008
    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    It sounds like you had a really great trip John and it was good to see you both again :)

Share This Page